Thread: Successful installation of Extreme 10.0.241.000 + Question on settings

stormsy Guest

Question Successful installation of Extreme 10.0.241.000 + Question on settings

Hey,

Just wanted to say that I have managed to install ZA Extreme 10.0.241 successfully; and that is including the securtiy toolbar (it works!)

With the toolbar; I have virtualization on, I have cleared the virtual data, opened up FireFox 4.0.1 and the toolbar was still there! I have literally messed about with the web security and browser virtualization settings for the past 15 mins (with shut downs between) and the toolbar is still there. I am very pleased.

I first installed Extreme (using the full file set-up, 247 MB size) with the computer disconnected and afterwards the toolbar works. I then uninstalled Extreme and installed it with the computer connected to the interent, the toolbar still works despite me messing about with the settings and clearing the virtual data constantly.

It's all good (for the moment!)
    Stormsy.
    Last edited by stormsy; June 24th, 2011 at 12:40 AM.

Default Re: Successful installation of Extreme 10.0.241.000

Quote Originally Posted by stormsy View Post
    This was apparent when I first installed Extreme with the computer disconnected, then I tried installing again with the pc connected to the internet and even then there is just the one Network entry - should that be so?
    Always installed with network and always had the DHCP added automatically. So, if not in your case you can simply add it manually. Most probably the address will be the one of your router that should be already trusted in your network. So practically no use to add it.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

Question FireWall Settings and Zones in Extreme 10.0.241

Hey,

I think something isn't right with my Firewall configuration - I only have one entry and that is for my Network (I am behind a router) - whereas with version 9.3, I use to have the loopback adapter entry and the DHCP entry along with my network entry, all of that is gone except my Network entry (which is set to trusted).

This was apparent when I first installed Extreme with the computer disconnected, then I tried installing again with the PC connected to the internet and even then there is just the one Network entry - should that be so?

Thanks,
    Stormsy.

Merged two threads, revised title and answered.

stormsy Guest

Hi Fax,

Thanks for merging the threads - I only saw your reply after posting the other one *heh*.

I spoke to TechSupport and they said that just my Network Entry showing is correct, the DHCP not being shown either is fine - do you have a DHCP entry then? :S

Thanks,
    Stormsy.

Default Re: Successful installation of Extreme 10.0.241.000 + Question on settings

Yes, I have but its redundant. Your network (router) is already trusted so your DHCP is already there. Just ignore it. If ever your will need to set your NETWORK as INTERNET then you will need to add your DHCP (most probably your router IP) as TRUSTED.

stormsy Guest

Default Re: Successful installation of Extreme 10.0.241.000 + Question on settings

I think I see where you're coming from;

Because my Network (router) is set a trusted (and not public) then my DHCP address does not need to be entered on the count of my Network being set to trusted. If I were to set it to Public, then I would need to enter in the address of the DHCP then, no?

Thanks for your help, really appreciate
    Stormsy.

Yes, correct. Otherwise you may have problems to get an IP from the router.

Thread Information