Thread: Stop all internet access + Internet Lock

Hybrid View

pok Guest

Default Stop all internet access + Internet Lock

Is there stop all internet activity like ZAISS 9 ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; February 21st, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Default Stop All Internet Activity

I just noticed that the well-loved Stop All Internet Access feature from ZA 9 and earlier versions, whose absence many of us lamented in sticky thread Stop all internet access + Internet Lock, appears to have made a comeback as Stop All Internet Activity.

I assume the the negative aspects of this feature mentioned in the thread have been mitigated by new code for it having been written.

Is it time to update the sticky thread or have I missed something really obvious?

Thanks.

Default Re: Stop All Internet Activity

Just to clarify, we are all user here. For details on programs feature/coding you may want to contact technical support (that I am afraid will not be able to comment on coding). As far as I know, the implementation in current version does not provide for control over what can have access or not (former internet lock) to the internet. Its just an emergency cut off of everything.

We will just wait a little bit more before Unsticking the thread as it is referencing also to traffic light and, as already mentioned is not coming into the product any time soon.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 25th, 2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: update info

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Ah, so I have missed something. Also, I wasn't suggesting unsticking the thread, just bringing it up to date. I should have been clearer. Sorry.

There seem to be three things discussed in sticky thread Stop all internet access + Internet Lock, as having disappeared post-version-9 and it now seems that one of those three has been restored.

1. The old Stop All Internet Access (version 9 and earlier) has been reintroduced as the new Stop All Internet Activity.
    2. The old Internet lock which allowed only programs that had special permission, granted in ZA, to access the Internet when the Internet Lock was active has not been reintroduced.
    3. Traffic Light has not been reintroduced.

It was said, in the sticky thread, for Stop All Internet Access that "It will never return to the software. Caused more issues for more users than good". That seems to have changed and I just wondered if anyone knew why it was no longer problematic. Just curious. Not a big deal. It was just a feature I liked very much and am glad it seems to be back. I liked the other two too but, that's life.

Thanks fax.
    Last edited by Kritiker; February 21st, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

Very good summary. If you don't mind I will move these posts directly into the sticky thread. The issue related to stop all internet activity is that to recover the connection you may need to fully reboot the PC. This can create confusion to novice users.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information