I have update my laptop with the version 10.0.0240.000.

==========================================
ZoneAlarm version: 10.0.240.000
vsmon version: 10.0.240.000
Driver version: 10.0.240.000
Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1054968160
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.310.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
==========================================

I have the following problems / questions

1. When connecting to new networks, I'm not offered the option to define whether they are "trusted" or "public". Even wireless connections are made "trusted" without intervention

2. when trying to connect by cable or wireless in an hotel, I could not get any connection with either FireFox or Internet Explorer for logging in without exiting ZASS. After I did exit ZA, I could connect and login. After that, the connections (browser [FireFox and Internet Explorer] AND e-mail [Eudora] only worked if (i) I selected "medium" for the Public zone AND (ii) I put the "Application control settings" t off (outbound protection off). This seems to happen only with that connection, since I did not have the problem with my home connection (cable or wireless). So, I suspect it has to do with the hotel connection, but what could be the cause and how could that be improved ?

3. I have version 10.0.0240.000 but see that version 10.0.243.000 is available. Yet, it does not show up if I do an manual update. Should I install this version manually and will it correct the problems I presented above ?

4. If I update, I was told it is better practice to uninstall the previous version and to install the new version afresh. However, I see no uninstall program. How can I uninstall ZASS version 10 ? via Add/remove programs ? Will the old removal tool work with version 10 ?