Thread: I've had it with ZA 10 & Firefox !!

Lessismore Guest

Unhappy I've had it with ZA 10 & Firefox !!

I've had Zone Alarm Extreme Security for almost two years. I'm up for renewal in two months and doubt that's going to happen. I updated to ZA10, when prompted, and installed it. All my bookmarks disappeared when I opened Firefox.

Fixed that issue then cannot get the Forcefield/Browser security tool bar to show in any higher version of FF than 3.6.3. Even there, it is two tiny symbols over the "File Menu," which disappear. I tried every version possible of Firefox, except 5, because it's not included yet.

Some versions of Firefox won't even open. Went through disabling the add-ons, and eventually got on, but the tool bar was still an issue.

I've even turned off the virtualization, cleared it, and rebooted. (Version ZA 10 gives you no indication that it has actually cleared.) Installed every version of FF that could be installed, and it's just one problem after another.

I deleted ZA10, went back into my ZA account and re-downloaded my old version of ZA. Even with this version, my ZA Spyblocker Toolbar has been showing as a black bar. Do I need to have this showing for it to work?

Details of what version I'm running below:

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.3.037.000
    TrueVector version:9.3.037.000
    Driver version:9.1.522.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1054979136
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.152.14
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.235
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.155

Any help would be greatly appreciated -- in very simple, non-technical terms because I don't need another headache! I need to find what combination works before I have to renew or look for another security program. I won't give up Firefox.

I'm sure I'm rambling, but you would be too if you wasted a Friday night on getting nowhere because you downloaded the new ZA update. Thanks.

julianms Guest

Default Re: I've had it with ZA 10 & Firefox !!

Hi !

I would like to pass from Firefox 3.6.18 (the last version in which ZA Toolbar is working) to Firefox 5 ...

I have few question :

1) Finally, what can I loose if I don't have ZA Toolbar in Firefox ?

I use credit cards 2 times a year (and then I go into Ubuntu and do all the job from there ... even the credit card contains never more than 100 $).

I understand "a real antivirus doesn't need integration with browser, except for antiphishing - for the rest all http traffic is scanned through ports" .. (I cited somebody's message on other forum ..)
    It is the case for ZA Internet Security ? (there are more questions here)

2) I have ZA Internet Security 9 ...
    I believe I cannot upgrade to Extreme Security without paying again ...
    Is it true ? (Sorry, but I hate paying on the Internet ... It takes days ... All kind of confirmations .. stuff ... I barely manage to pay for my site ... And after all this, when changing protection suite, you begin to have problems .. etc..)

3) ZA Internet Security 10 will have support for ZA Toolbar ? (as ZA Extreme Security 10 has already ..)

And if I make Upgrade from version 9 to version 10 then I'll must pay again those 50 $ ? (that is what I understand some time ago ... you must pay again for Upgrade)

4) And finally who creates that Add-On ? Those who are creating ZA or those who creates Firefox ? (that could be useful ... to know where to read more ...)

Thanks a lot !!!

Default Re: I've had it with ZA 10 & Firefox !!

Please READ the Sticky Post at the Top of this section of the Forum..

Sticky: Firefox 5

As far as your other Questions,
    Please contact the ZA Official Live Chat support at the link in my signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 15th, 2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Update
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information