Thread: Why won't ZASPSetupWeb_100_243_000_en.exe Install

blueprint Guest

Angry Why won't ZASPSetupWeb_100_243_000_en.exe Install

Hi all.

I am a paid up financial user of Zonealarm and despite me emailing the support team who refuse to answer ( that's good customer service ha NOT ).

I have purchased a copy of Zonealarm 2012 extreme and I was taken to a link to download ZASPSetupWeb_100_243_000_en.exe which I proceeded to do how ever when I try to install it I get the following error

Unable to connect to the download server. Please check your internet connection and try the installation again.

To continue the installation when you are connected, double click the "Resume ZoneAlarm Install" shortcut on your desktop.

Now despite me ensuring that there are NO conflicting products on the PC concerned and ensuring that the Windows Firewall is turned off and despite me running the ZoneAlarm clean.exe and rebooting and so on still the same error.

It's driving me mad I have googled this problem but no luck I've had a good look through these forums but all I can find is posts about people having problems connecting to the update server for a whole host of reasons and these are very old posts but nothing about
    being Unable to connect to the download server. Please check your internet connection and try the installation again.

This is despite the fact that all my other internet products work like My email, Browsers, Skype, FTP ect.

I am wondering if any one has either experienced this or dose any one out there have any idea's because the ZoneAlarm them selves whilst they are very good at taking your money when there is a problem they don't want yo know you.

I'm running WIN XP Pro SP3

Thanks in advance, hoping someone one can help

Regards
    Wayne.

Default Re: Why won't ZASPSetupWeb_100_243_000_en.exe Install

Hello,

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

Sorry, There is no Email address...

First thing is we don't have direct email address so, you probably sent an email to an address that does not exist or that is not monitored. We don't publish an email address.

Customer service is open 24x7 via live chat and there has not been any issues with live chat for many months.

Many times its the browser being used or how the browser is configured or a 3rd party program interfering with the live chat or an add-on or plug-in to the browser interfering.

Our live chat work very well and when it does not its an issue with the browser or something on the PC that not allowing the Chat code to operate properly.

Forum Moderator
    Try this Download link..

I still think either you have a Bad or Corrupted Download of ZA Extreme..
    or Conflict with another Security program that may be Blocking ZA Extreme ..

The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZAES 10.0.143.000 and do a Clean re-install.

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security updates

2.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

Or (you can Download the ZA Removal Tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

3.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information