Hi all.

I am a paid up financial user of Zonealarm and despite me emailing the support team who refuse to answer ( that's good customer service ha NOT ).

I have purchased a copy of Zonealarm 2012 extreme and I was taken to a link to download ZASPSetupWeb_100_243_000_en.exe which I proceeded to do how ever when I try to install it I get the following error

Unable to connect to the download server. Please check your internet connection and try the installation again.

To continue the installation when you are connected, double click the "Resume ZoneAlarm Install" shortcut on your desktop.

Now despite me ensuring that there are NO conflicting products on the PC concerned and ensuring that the Windows Firewall is turned off and despite me running the ZoneAlarm clean.exe and rebooting and so on still the same error.

It's driving me mad I have googled this problem but no luck I've had a good look through these forums but all I can find is posts about people having problems connecting to the update server for a whole host of reasons and these are very old posts but nothing about
being Unable to connect to the download server. Please check your internet connection and try the installation again.

This is despite the fact that all my other internet products work like My email, Browsers, Skype, FTP ect.

I am wondering if any one has either experienced this or dose any one out there have any idea's because the ZoneAlarm them selves whilst they are very good at taking your money when there is a problem they don't want yo know you.

I'm running WIN XP Pro SP3

Thanks in advance, hoping someone one can help

Regards
Wayne.