Thread: Toolbar causing IE Crash

azazkjkj Guest

Default Toolbar causing IE Crash

After installing ZAES, my Internet Explorer 8 started to crash every time i tried to browse the web.
    Tried to upgrade it to IE9, but the problem stays.
    Solved by removing ZA tool bar and add-ons by IE9(No-addons), which indicated there must be some bug inside ZA toolbar.

Hope ZA can solve it quickly.

Default Re: Toolbar causing IE Crash

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

I'm sorry your having a problem with ZAES, But if it were a BUG in ZAES
    then 100's of users would be complaining about it..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support,

it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer configuration:

Also Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, other security tools installed, etc.

is this a First time install?
    Stopped working recently?
    any other issues?
    any Error messages in the ZA logs?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

also is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.

Please List any other Security Programs installed as these programs may be conflicting with Zone Alarm.

B.) It looks like your Upgrade Download may Have been Corrupted durring the Download or install proccess.
    The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 9.x and do a Clean re-install.

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

azazkjkj Guest

I'm using ZAES 2012
    Version 10.0.243.000

Just got OS Re-installed, then I installed ZAES 2012 with Toolbar on, then the problem appeared.

I'm using it in China, a lot of people here reported the same problem.

Smile Re: Toolbar causing IE Crash

Hi!

Thank you for your Feedback..

sorry we are all users here, If you have a valid ZA license Please contact the ZA technical support at the link in my signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.

Please post back here if you find a solution. It may help...
    GeorgeV

jonme Guest

I have the same problem. Since upgrading to latest Extreme yesterday my IE8 keeps crashing (XP OS). I had no problems with version 9 Extreme. But I have had two attempts the .241 version and now .243 version of 10 and have had problems with both

I flagged the first attempt .241 to Zone Alarm and they told me to re-install the version 9, so I am an expert at uninstalling and using the clean.exe before installing. If I disable the ZA tool bar, IE does not crash, so there must be a bug in their somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jonme View Post
    I have the same problem. Since upgrading to latest Extreme yesterday my IE8 keeps crashing (XP OS). I had no problems with version 9 Extreme. But I have had two attempts the .241 version and now .243 version of 10 and have had problems with both

I flagged the first attempt .241 to Zone Alarm and they told me to re-install the version 9, so I am an expert at uninstalling and using the clean.exe before installing. If I disable the ZA tool bar, IE does not crash, so there must be a bug in their somewhere.
    This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

I suggest that you try the New ZA 10.0.246.000

https://support.zonealarm.com/index....n-of-zonealarm

if you still experience the same problems, then Continue Trouble shooting your Issues Directly with the Official ZA Tech Support Live Chat link in my Signature..

The More information you post the more likely Live Chat will be able to understand the issue and try to help, and Possible upload your ZA Logs to Tech Support..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 15th, 2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: update
    GeorgeV

jonme Guest

Tried the latest ZA 10.0.246.000, tonight same problem IE8 crashing. Tried Techchat at Zone Alarm. Back to the version Extreme 9 again.

I also tried re-setting IE8 to it reset values. But still no luck.

I will keep version 9 until ZA iron out all the bugs in this version 10. I have tried three now .241, .243 and .246 all had problems on installation. Perhaps it is not really designed for XP SP3?

Who knows. I don't. What annoys me is that ZA Extreme is not cheap but I have been a user of ZA since version 2 so we go back along way.

Thank you for your Feedback..

Tech Support does not know what they Suggested to you did not work, unless You need to keep going back to Tech support and report that what suggested did not work.

This is the only way to get your issue troubleshooted, logged and eventually escalated to Development.

Please post back here if you find a solution. It may help other users...
    GeorgeV

ronzeman Guest

SAme Issues w/ me. ZA Tech suggested I diable security.....open IE......delete history.......(temp internet files)... set security to DEFAULT level......ADVANCED..Restore Advanced Settings....Close Browser.....restrart Web security......reboot computer.... NO HELP same problem. I will have to run IE8 w/o toolbar or go back to ZA 9 like others suggest.

Thread Information