Thread: Can't Enter License in ZA Pro Firewall -- why?

tpcole Guest

Default Can't Enter License in ZA Pro Firewall -- why?

I just got a pop up window to update to 100-243-000 and I downloaded the file, an en_exe file then did the install. I have the Zone Alarm Pro also but I do not remember what the pop up window said exactly.

Anyway it all went just fine and advised me that the installation was successful and then will not allow me to input my license key. I copy the key from my purchase e-mail from Zone Alarm so I do not make any mistakes typing. Even if I accept the trial version for 30 days and then try to enter my license key, it will not accept it. I am using an older laptop with Windwows XP. I have two newer computers with Vista but I am not going to do any updates on them until I get this figured out.

tpcole Guest

Angry Re: Can't Enter License in ZA Pro Firewall -- why?

I was trying to figure this problem out today and I see that ZoneAlarm updated me to Zone Alarm Pro Firewall and I have not antivirus or anti spam protection at all. This is on my laptop, so I shut off the wireless and am using the desktop at the moment. What is going on? Is Zone Alarm updating computers to just the Firewall? I think Zone Alarm owes an explanation and some serious help. In lieu of that, I guess I will uninstall the Zone Alarm update 10.0.243.000 and try to put the old 9.3.037.000 version on.

This all started with an innocent looking pop-up that an updated version is available. Needless to say, I won't be updated to a new Zone Alarm version anytime soon, but I suppose the pop-ups will continue on our computers and I will have to keep putting in remind me later times, what a annoyance.

Smile Re: Can't Enter License in ZA Pro Firewall -- why?

Hi!

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

sorry we are all users here, Please contact the ZA technical support at the link in my signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: Can't Enter License in ZA Pro Firewall -- why?

Quote Originally Posted by tpcole View Post
    I see that ZoneAlarm updated me to Zone Alarm Pro Firewall and I have not antivirus or anti spam protection at all. .
    tpcole:

According to the Moderator's note in the thread linked below, this is a known issue--some people using the automatic upgrade from the prompt are getting the wrong product. Read the thread below and see if it applies to your problem:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=77460

If you wish to install the new version via another method, you can download the full install file from the ZA website. For ZAES, it is a 247 MB file. Here is the link below. Click on the product name you want, and it will take you to the page with the various versions available:

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...Histories.html

Please contact Tech Support as well, since your input can help them solve the problem. You can use Live Chat if you wish 24 x 7.
    Last edited by critterjoe; July 10th, 2011 at 11:06 PM.

Thread Information