Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Creating groups under expert rules --> Updated to ZA 10.1.056.000

neil2440 Guest

Default [SOLVED] Creating groups under expert rules --> Updated to ZA 10.1.056.000

Hello folks,

To start with my info,

I'm using the latest version of ZA extreme security that is 10.0.243 on trial first. I'm using the same on Windows 7 Ultimate retail 64 bit.

There is no other AV/firewall installed. I have even turned Windows defender and firewall off. Im using the same on I7-920 stepping E processor.

Now with my problem,

Under expert rules i was creating a group of protocols. I mentioned the group name, wrote description and then selected few protocols such as In TCP(http 80), (https 443) and domain UDP (DNS 53) so finally when i was about to press OK to save the group it did not allowed me to press OK and save the group.

Secondly when I edit any of the selected protocols i was amazed to see that I selected TCP ->HTTP but now its changed to TCP->any and protocol was still 80 just the name changed from HTTP to ANY.

Any issues with new package? As i have some more issues with expert rules.

neil2440 Guest

Default Re: Creating groups under expert rules

In reply to my previous post...

The issue with the creating groups was solved half way now in the latest version that is 10.0.246.

Now im able to make groups and able to press ok button but then after selecting the group in the protocol section now the Ok button for the rule to be finalised is not working and I keep pressing it without success...

I don;t know whats going on with ZA guys....

If any one is facing the same issue and got a resolution please do let me know.

neil2440 Guest

Now on this my third reply...

this package is even more full of bugs...i blocked alomost 100 attempts on my ZA when I was trying to test a rule.

I can see all those blocked attempts in my log viewer but at the main firewall page it still says 0 access attempts blocked.

What is going on with ZA team..they are just making it worse everytime...

Sorry all users here, you may want to report the issue to the official ZA support (link in my signature). They do not monitor this board. However, I as fas as I remember they do not offer support on expert rules, too complex and too dependent on local conditions. You are basically on your own.

Sorry,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

neil2440 Guest

Hi,

I agree with you that they do not support help on expert rules, but here im just talking about more on generic conditions that why after so many blocked access at firewall it still says

"0 Access attempts blocked"

this problem was not there in their previous version of 10.0.243 it had some other issues but not this.

just forget all those group issues now that im not able to create, this program is just getting messy.

~~snip~~
    Last edited by fax; July 14th, 2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: offtopic

I understand your frustration but there is no use to report it in here. You need to try to contact ZA support and see if they can log or escalate the issue. There is limited scope to keep reporting the issue in here we cannot collect logs or data and support does not monitor this board.

Sorry again,
    Fax

neil2440 Guest

yeah sure, i'll try to do it once more with the support team.

Thanks for your support.

neil2440 Guest

after their disappointing answer i just installed and rolled back to 9.0.037 version and its working damn GOOD.

If anyone gets a goodluck with the latest 10 version do let me know then coz im not gonna rolled it back again unless a proper stable version 10 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by neil2440 View Post
    yeah sure, i'll try to do it once more with the support team.

Thanks for your support.
    You're welcome!

neil2440 Guest

Finally, they have done it. In the newer version, expert rules are working as they are designed to be.

I do not know why they have denied at first that their product is fine and they do not support on expert rules and now one of the main point in the version history is on expert rules.

the only issue now remaining is of the counter which does not increase at the main page it still says "0 access attempts blocked"

But im happy now coz of expert rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information