Thread: Upgrade wont use current License Key, but does older one.

protectionon Guest

Default Upgrade wont use current License Key, but does older one.

So, I was notified that an upgrade to the base ZA Pro was available and after going through the process when it came to entering the license key, it indicates that the license key is invalid.

Now, I first copied & pasted this from my digital locally stored purchase info. Then I went to the ZA website, logged in, when to my account, and verified that indeed the key is the current one that is active and subscription valid. I copied and pasted that but it fails.

Frustrated, I copied and pasted a much older key from a few years back, and that worked. So, atm I am using a key that is not subscribed to, but the product info says I'm good for 365 days.

Finally, I KNOW that the current license key is valid not only because its on the my account page info, but I had 3 computers using it [3 license key] and still haven't upgraded all 3. So the other systems both indicate that the 'invalid' license key is being used and current.

How do I fix this? Obviously I will not be 'upgrading' anymore systems until I can do so using the proper current license key.

HELP!

PS: after getting the problem system up and working with ZA installed, I attempted to change the license key to the valid one, but again it says invalid.

Default Re: Upgrade wont use current License Key, but does older one.

See my Reply to your previous post..

Also, if this computer is not one of the three computers already running older version of ZA, the 3 User License will reject install on a new computer if three computers are already using the same license..

If this is one of the original three computers.. then you need to trouble shoot the issue with Customer Support..
    Click the link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

protectionon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    See my Reply to your previous post..

Also, if this computer is not one of the three computers already running older version of ZA, the 3 User License will reject install on a new computer if three computers are already using the same license..

If this is one of the original three computers.. then you need to trouble shoot the issue with Customer Support..
    Click the link in my Signature..
    Actually, I may have stumbled onto the underlying issue. For some reason when the upgrade was pushed to me, it seems that the base ZoneAlarm Pro was sent, not the version with AntiVirus. [Windows warned me that there was no antivirus on reboot]. That would probably explain a key mismatch- assuming that the current key has both fw & av documented against it.

Doing re-install. Wish me luck!

Thank you for your Feedback..

Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

Or (you can Download the ZA Removal Tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

HERE is a Link to the Latest 10.0.246.000

https://support.zonealarm.com/index....n-of-zonealarm
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information