Thread: Slow initial download with ZAES 9.3.037

multiweb Guest

Default Slow initial download with ZAES 9.3.037

I have a weird thing that just started happening with my system. I'm on Win7 64 bit using Zonealarm xtreme security version 9.3.037.000 using IE9

When clicking on a link to an exe or download it takes a while for the popup download window to come up. 10 to 15s. As if the file was being pre-scanned(?) This doesn't happen when I have ZA stopped. Maybe I have something mis-configured in my Zonealarm Browser Security?

I currently have everything ckecked out (all radio buttons and checkboxes) but for the last one which is Virtualization.

Not sure what's going on. Any pointer? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Slow initial download with ZAES 9.3.037

Hi!

sorry we are all users here
    , aparently no other User has experienced your issue,

If you have a valid ZA license,

Please contact the ZA technical support at the Live Chat link in my Signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.

Please post back here if you find a solution. It may help other users...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

multiweb Guest

Thanks for ther quick reply George. Btw your support link in your sig doesn't seem to work (for me anyway). I've just realised that ZAES 10 has been released since June 2011. It never showed up when I do an update within ZAES 9.x so I'm downloading it now and see if that is going to fix compatibility issues with IE9 on Win7 64bit. Why wouldn't it show the upgrade availability within ZA? Is this because it is a major manual upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
    Thanks for ther quick reply George. Btw your support link in your sig doesn't seem to work (for me anyway). I've just realised that ZAES 10 has been released since June 2011. It never showed up when I do an update within ZAES 9.x so I'm downloading it now and see if that is going to fix compatibility issues with IE9 on Win7 64bit. Why wouldn't it show the upgrade availability within ZA? Is this because it is a major manual upgrade?

Hmmm.. I just tried the Support link with both IE8 and IE9 with Windows 7 64-bit Os.. and it worked for me..

The Usual cause for Zone Alarm Support links or download links not working are due to

1.) Browsers or Add-on to Browsers Quarantine or blocking those links.
    2.) other Security Tools Blocking Access
    3.) Malware infection blocking links to Security sites.

Recomended Install process for ZA 10.0.246.000
    Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

Or (you can Download the ZA Removal Tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

3.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

Quote:
    Solution:

You will need the appropriate ZoneAlarm product license key when downloading and installing a ZoneAlarm product. If you download and install the wrong ZoneAlarm product your license key will appear as expired or you will end up with a 30 day trial.
    If you do not remember which product you purchased online or have misplaced your license key you can login to your Online Account to look up your order history and get your license key and product info.
    www.zonealarm.com/myaccount

ZoneAlarm English version 10.0.246.000 (updated 7/13/2011)
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security - Click Here to Download

ZoneAlarm Security Suite - Click Here to Download

ZoneAlarm Pro - Click Here to Download

ZoneAlarm Antivirus - Click Here to Download
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

multiweb Guest

Thanks George - I've followed your instructions and I'm running 10.0.2463.000 now without any problems. Obviously the usual intitial tweaks such authorizing a dew things that were blocked by default but I don't have the problem I had previously.

It seems now that downloads are now handeld by the OS browser (IE9) as I don't get the ZA download window pop-up anymore but the standard IE window with the standard download list pop-up. Anyway it's working fine.

I think I wasn't notified of updates on ZAES 9.x because I forgot to register the product and I assume that's the only way you'll get email notifications. I made sure ZAES 10.x was registered this time. My 9.x key worked fine and transfered the 2yrs subscription left to the new product seamlessly.

btw your sig link still doesn't work for me. I get a 'Session failed to load'. I'm using IE9. The only product I have installed is ZAES 10.

Thank you for your Feedback..

Customer Support and the official Tech Support do not Monitor this User Forum.. and there is no Public Direct Email address..

Click on the Support link in my Signature..

If the Link does not work for you..

Check your Browser or Security programs that may be Blocking access to that link..

Thread Information