ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 10.0.246.000
vsmon version: 10.0.246.000
Driver version: 10.0.246.000
Anti-virus engine version: 22.214.171.124
Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 0
AntiSpam version: 126.96.36.19971
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.311.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.311.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 188.8.131.52
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
I've tried to upgrade my previous version 9 (that works fine) countless times, varying secondary options. All my attempts behave in one of two possible ways:
- If I check the "scan boot sector and memory" option, ZAISS 10 install will fail there (it reports it) and get stuck seconds afterwards (in my 1st attempt, I left it so and unattended like 2 hours and nothing moved a single bit), with progress at 60%. I can kill it via task manager and resume with the desktop icon for it, what finishes the installation successfully but with the problem.
- If I uncheck such option, the installation goes straight but ZAISS gets the problem too.
Between attempt and attempt, I've restored an image of the Windows partition, although I've also tried reinstalling v10 over v10 twice w/o success.
There's a "Fix now" button in the main window at the left rectangle (that is red instead of green like the other two), that reads "COMPUTER At Risk. Your computer is unprotected and vulnerable to attack (Fix now)". There're more "Fix now" buttons in other windows like the one you get if you click on the mentioned left rectangle. All of them behave the same if clicked: just a glitch and nothing more. The AV settings are accesible but useless ("Scan now" and "Update now" are grayed out). The "switch" is at OFF and I can put it at ON, but it won't stick.
PS: AV updates go fine! The systray icon works as expected and the update is done according to the AV window. Let's turn AV on... done!
Things I've done in this attempt:
- Uncheck the "scan boot sector and memory" option.
- Reinstall afterwards (run zaSuiteSetup_100_246_000_en.exe again).
- Restore my previous settings (I had saved them with version 9 beforewards).
- Wait for next automatic AV update! It will happen 1 hour or so afterwards.
- Turn ON the "Anti-virus & Anti-spyware" switch.
Now I'll do an AV scan...