Thread: ZAES10 - Help needed

antiochguy Guest

Default ZAES10 - Help needed

I have used ZoneAlarm every since it started as a freebie and have upgraded with it. I upgraded to ZAES10.

While I like the performance, I am almost clueless as to how to navigate through the application. It is as if I had just bought a new product altogether - not a nice feeling. Is there a user manual to guide us through the new changes - one that shows us comparison between the old and new would really be great - apart from 10 most asked questions that most long-term ZA users would already know.

And where has "Stop all Internet activity" disappeared to in ZAES10. This is one of the most useful tools of ZA from its inception and I cannot seem to find it. Can anyone help point me to this tool?

My 2 cents worth...
    Checkpoint really need to be careful. Each year, when my contract is up, I always wonder if I should move on to something new. I stay with ZA because it works ok for me and I am familiar with it. If the change is too drastic without any guide to explain the changes, then effectively, you will start losing customer desire to stay.

Default Re: ZAES10 - Help needed

Thank you for your Feedback..

Hi!

Internet lock (STOP) is not advised at all. It will cause your PC to loose internet connection and cash other components of the OS. This is an old relic feature from the 2.0 days and really only worked well on Win 95.

The Stop Button has been Removed from ZA 10.
    Use at your own risk in older ZA versions, its also no longer supported if you have issues with it no Tech Support for that feature.

sorry we are all users here, for the rest of your issues, If you have a valid ZA license
    Please contact the ZA technical support at the Live Chat link in my Signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.

Customer Support and the official Tech Support do not Monitor this User Forum.. and there is no Public Direct Email address..

Click on the Support link in my Signature..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 17th, 2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: update
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information