Thread: I'm amazed : Thunderbird not supported by newest version of ZAISS??

Hybrid View

cgtradmed Guest

Default I'm amazed : Thunderbird not supported by newest version of ZAISS??

Bonjour,

Yesterday, with the kind help of this community, I downloaded the upgrade of ZAISS (version 10.0246.000). When it came to configuration, I was astounded to discover that my e-mailer Thunderbird might not be supported because, for the first time in 2 years of paying licence, it is clearly stated that e-mail anti-virus is supported for Microsoft Outlook Express and Outlook !!

Is that true ? It is incredible that I have not been informed 2 years ago when I first subscribed. Please note that I am a paying client and, moreover, a professional user.
    So, it means that I even might send viruses to my customers while I was convinced that this could never happen because I was (and still am) paying for a protection.

I am sorry to be obliged to send this message to this place (which I was told yesterday is only made up of users), but I can't find an e-mail contact for the support of the customer service of ZoneAlarm.
    What can I do ?

Thank you for your help and understanding. Sorry for my bad English.
    Have a nice day
    Best regards
    Catherine

Smile Re: I'm amazed : Thunderbird not supported by newest version of ZAISS??

I can't find an e-mail contact for the support of the customer service of ZoneAlarm.
    ZA never had E-mail support to be contacted, we once had a "web form" that you could fill out , but it was very un-popular because exchange of information could take 3 to 7 days, and if Tech Support needed more information, that would take even longer to resolve a problem.

Now: Support only uses LIVE CHAT now because it is a Live Text exchange of information and issues are resolved on the Spot,
    You can find the link to support in my signature
    (click on the LIVE CHAT icon on the upper right side on the main support page). or https://support.zonealarm.com/

Customer service is open 24x7 via live chat and there has not been any issues with live chat for many months.

Many times its the browser being used or how the browser is configured or a 3rd party program interfering with the live chat or an add-on or plug-in to the browser interfering.

Our live chat work very well and when it does not its an issue with the browser or something on the PC that not allowing the Chat code to operate properly.

Forum Moderator
    NOTE: ZoneAlarm NEVER had email antivirus support for any email program.

Begining with ZA 9.3 We now do not scan Outlook mail files in 9.3.

Reason: Our AV cannot read the Outlook mail format and see the actual messages/attachments.
    If we detected something it is a false positive.

For the unfortunate users who quarantined or removed what was detected in there PST, that corrupted the PST and they lost all there email or part of it.

They also could not restore from quarantine.

So a lot of very upset users.

ZoneAlarm suggests highly that:
    If you want to do it its at your own risk and responsibility if you loose data.

Otherwise add your Outlook PST files or outlook folders to the AV exception list so there never scanned and then a possibility of a false positive happening and loss of data will not happen.

Forum Moderator
    What can I do ?
    --------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm ZAISS System Requirements have alaways been available on the Zone Alarm Web Page..

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...rity-suite.htm

Feature-specific requirements

Browser security requirements
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9
    • Mozilla Firefox 3.0, 3.5, 3.6, 4, 5
    Spam filtering and MailSafe requirements (not available in all ZoneAlarm products)

Mailsafe supports SMTP outbound only

Outlook Express
    • POP3: Supported
    • IMAP: Supported if Outlook Express is set to download the entire message (not just message header)

WinMail

Note: WinMail IMAP not supported

Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010
    • Exchange: Supported
    • IMAP: Supported if Outlook is set to download the entire message (not just message header)

Hard Drive Encryption requirements (optional add-on; not available in all ZoneAlarm products):
    • Most Laptop and Desktop PCs are supported: Your computer is checked for compatibility at installation time. Not all systems will be compatible.
    Parental controls (Not available in all ZoneAlarm products):
    Parental controls work for any Web browser, and for any program that can be used to surf the Web.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 5th, 2011 at 06:26 AM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: I'm amazed : Thunderbird not supported by newest version of ZAISS??

We have NEVER had email antivirus support for any email program.

So I dont see what the big surprise is about thunderbird. We dont even have the email AV for outlook.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information