Thread: Zonealarm 10 update complaint and problem

fjh Guest

Default Zonealarm 10 update complaint and problem

With my previous version of Zonealarm 9.3 (prior to version 10) I had games from Reflexive that could play and would have no problems but now with version 10 installed the games will not play and comes up with a "cannot play RWG files". I had previously removed version 10 and re-installed version 9.3 and the games will play so I removed version 9.3 again and installed version 10 and the games do not play. That is the problem and as for the complaint why did you remove the Stop internet activity option (right click on the ZA icon on the taskbar)? I use it quite a bit and find it to be most useful as well as I liked it when the Icon would show network activity but now I see absolutely nothing and that means any program could access the internet without my knowledge. I must say that this "upgrade" has me looking at other security programs and seeing what is better. By the way yes I did try the Game Mode and it does not help at all.

Default Re: Zonealarm 10 update complaint and problem

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Thank you for your feedback on Version 10..

1.) Here is the Explanation from a previous Post in this Section for removing the "STOP" feature:

use of Internet lock (STOP) is not advised at all. It will cause your PC to loose internet connection and cash other components of the OS. This is an old relic feature from the ZA 2.0 days and really only worked well on Win 95.

The Stop Button has been Removed from ZA 10.

Use at your own risk in older ZA versions, its also no longer supported if you have issues with it no Tech Support for that feature.

2.) for GAME Mode problems, sorry we are all users here, Tech Support does not Monitor this User Forum:

With your valid ZA license Please contact the ZA technical support at the Live Chat link in my Signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.

Please post back here if you find a solution. It may help other users...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

fjh Guest

The reply from the ZA technical support is that I was the only one having this problem that they knew of and it was caused by something else not zonealarm 10. I proved to them that it was zonealarm 10 but then they said to try game mode which I have since tried and it does not work as well. Currently I have reinstalled

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.3.037.000
    TrueVector version:9.3.037.000
    Driver version:9.1.522.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1056084960
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.311.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.235
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.155

and will wait and see what happens to other users. ~snip~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 18th, 2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Off topic comment removed as it violates Terms of Use Policy

fjh Guest

If you can direct us to a link where we can download the games in a free trial we will see if we can re-create. (we cant find any such link)

Amazon.com pc games section and then in the search entry type reflexive. The company is selling the games through Amazon.

Generally its one of two issues. Either AV or Browser security

In this case we tested with a trial version of a game from this company called Big Kahuna Reef 2.

By turning off Browser security, Browser virutulization we could get the application to load. But the application would fail fully loading and hang.

We had to also turn off On access scanning and Behavioral scan in the AV advanced settings menu.

For the time being thats the workaround for version 10.
    Or you can continue to use version 9

We will log it as 3 bugs and hopefully it will be fix in a later version soon. But the Av issue is dependent on Kaspersky fixing it and that could take a very long time.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information