Thread: ZA Extreme Ver. 10 issues after upgrade

grove Guest

Angry ZA Extreme Ver. 10 issues after upgrade

I upgraded my ZoneAlarm Extreme Ver. 9 to the latest Ver. 10 about 7 days ago. I have had nothing but problems with my computer since. Everything seemed twichy and un reliable. Some programs, and drivers did not seem to load correctly at boot up. I would get periodic mesages saying that the drivers were not recognized or loaded. I am running Windows XP professional SP3 and I also run Norton's Internet Security 2011. I have had no problems problems with ZA Extreme Ver. 9 since I installed Ver. 9 using this configuration for a year ... Ver. 10 hardly made it a week.

I turn all automatic scans and updates off as a matter of course ... regardless of software program. I don't like a lot of stuff running in the back ground while I'm doing other things.
    However, with Ver. 10, each time I turn all the updates and scan schedules off, when I reboot they are back on and running ... did this numerous times over the past few days. I finally decided to uninstall Ver. 10 and go back to Ver. 9 until some bugs get worked out in Ver. 10. Had problems doing that too. Had to reload Ver. 10 before Windows would recognize the ZA Extreme Ver. 10 to uninstall it.

Besides, it really burned me when I found so many of the tray icon, right click options missing; like "Engage Internet Lock","Stop "open uprotected browser" ... ~~Snip~~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 24th, 2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Some Off-topic comments Removed as they Violated Terms of use Policy

Default Re: ZA Extreme Ver. 10 issues after upgrade

Based on the Information you provided, it looks like a Conflict with several of the other Security programs you have installed..

Norton Internet Security has it's on Firewall,

have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done -

Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZoneAlarm firewall product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP or Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP or Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    ZoneAlarm may not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...

use of Internet lock (STOP) is not advised at all. It will cause your PC to loose internet connection and cash other components of the OS. This is an old relic feature from the 2.0 days and really only worked well on Win 95.

The Stop Button has been Removed from ZA 10.

Use at your own risk in older ZA versions, its also no longer supported if you have issues with it no Tech Support for that feature.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 25th, 2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: update
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information