Thread: ZoneAlarm Relative to Windows Firewall on Win7 computer

telstar Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Relative to Windows Firewall on Win7 computer

Hi,

I just reinstalled the ZoneAlarm Free Version (9.2.106.000) on my Win7 computer after a disappointing experience with trying the COMODO Firewall on my XP Home computer (frequent screen freezes) and have a question in relation to the Windows Firewall settings.

On my XP computer there is a checkbox where one can have ZA turn OFF the Windows Firewall. On my Win7 computer I don't see that option and did notice that after installing ZA the Windows Firewall was ALSO/STILL active. I believe the general rule of thumb, as it is with AV programs, is to only have ONE Firewall running at a time...correct?

With this in mind, I went to the Windows Firewall settings and disabled everything so that ONLY my ZoneAlarm is protecting me.

Here is a screen shot of the present settings on my Windows Firewall:

Did I do the right thing or is there one or more options on my Windows Firewall that I should have kept enabled?

Thanks!

Gene

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Relative to Windows Firewall on Win7 computer

Quote Originally Posted by telstar View Post
    Hi,

I just reinstalled the ZoneAlarm Free Version (9.2.106.000) on my Win7 computer after a disappointing experience with trying the COMODO Firewall on my XP Home computer (frequent screen freezes) and have a question in relation to the Windows Firewall settings.

Did I do the right thing or is there one or more options on my Windows Firewall that I should have kept enabled?

Thanks!

Gene
    Yes.. you did good..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another.
    ZoneAlarm Turns OFF Windows Firewall by Default, but Making sure that the Windows Firewall is turned off is a good thingon both Windows XP and Windows 7.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information