Thread: Live Technical Support Chat

Ray1769 Guest

Default Live Technical Support Chat

I realize that sometimes there are many users waiting for a Live Chat session but after waiting over twenty minutes, I closed the request due to my sequence in queue would cycle from first at number 4 in queue for several minutes, then number 3 in queue for several minutes, then back to number 4 for another several minutes, then back to 3 in queue. Finally I was number 2 in queue for several minutes, then 1 in queue......but oddly my wait queue went back to number 2, back to 3 in queue, back to 1, back to 2 !!!
    Is there something going awry with the Technical Support Chat feature? I know I would need to speak with a tech support person, but this seems to be fixed or looked into.
    My initial purpose for the Technical Support Chat session was to question as to why clicking on "Help" of the Zone Alarm Extreme interface and then Technical support results in error 404 (Not Found).
    I'm using:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.0.246.000
    vsmon version: 10.0.246.000
    Driver version: 10.0.217.000
    Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1056663776
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.311.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.311.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155

Dell Studio Hybrid 140 g desktop-x86-based PC Intel Pentium CPU T2390 @1.86GHz 1867 Mhz, 2 Core 2 Logical Processors, 6 Mg RAM, 500 GB Hard drive.
    Anyone else notice this in Tech Support Chat ? Anyone else notice that Technical Support feature of the Zone Alarm Extreme interface, Help, results in error, besides me?
    I've already provided my Diagnostic Logs for Dev. in regards to repeated re-scans on ever reboot, which I know is a "known issue".
    Sorry for the lengthy comment. Thanks
    Ray

Default Re: Live Technical Support Chat

Hi!

sorry we are all users here
    , If you have a valid ZA license

Please contact the ZA technical support at the Live Chat link in my Signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.

The issue with accessing the Tech Support using the Help tab on ZA Extreme 10.0.246 is a known issue..the ZA Extreme

Use the Support link in my Signature, or the Live Chat Link in this link:

https://support.zonealarm.com/

I just tried that link and there was no waiting Que at this time..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Ray1769 Guest

Thank you, George but this has happened more than once. Also, it could be that Technical Support staff are getting used to a new and different Chat format.
    But thanks again.

Your Welcome..

Customer service and Tech Support are open 24x7 via live chat and there has not been any issues with live chat for many months.

Many times its the browser being used or how the browser is configured or a 3rd party program interfering with the live chat or an add-on or plug-in to the browser interfering.

Our live chat work very well and when it does not its an issue with the browser or something on the PC that not allowing the Chat code to operate properly.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 28th, 2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: update

Thread Information