Thread: latest version of internet security

yeoness Guest

Angry latest version of internet security

Each time i boot my pc my web security is RED saying im at risk. GAWD so far this has not been fixed! Anyone got this prob and can sort it?

Default Re: latest version of internet security

Hi!

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

sorry we are all users here, If you have a valid ZA license
    Please contact the ZA technical support at the Live Chat link in my Signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.

Please post back here if you find a solution. It may help other users...
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 30th, 2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: update
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

PTRio Guest

Thumbs down ZA Program (not virus definition) Updates

The current version of ZA, 10.0, despite having a menu display in the which says "Program Update" and indicates a recent update date, apparently does not actually update the program. It only updates the virus definitions. To update the program, for which there has been several recent updates, including:

10.0.250.000 was released to the public on July 27, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.

10.0.243.000 was released to the public on June 30, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.

10.0.241.000 was released to the public on June 20, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.

10.0.240.000 was released to the public on June 7, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.

you must go to the ZoneAlarm.com website and manually download the entire 440mb program each time there is an incremental update. If there is a better way, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. 440mb can take a while to download, I am getting it at about 100kbs from the ZA server. That means an hour or more, IF there are no interruptions.

Default Re: ZA Program (not virus definition) Updates

Quote Originally Posted by PTRio View Post
    The current version of ZA, 10.0, despite having a menu display in the which says "Program Update" and indicates a recent update date, apparently does not actually update the program. It only updates the virus definitions. To update the program, for which there has been several recent updates, including:

10.0.250.000 was released to the public on July 27, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.

~~Snip~~
    you must go to the ZoneAlarm.com website and manually download the entire 440mb program each time there is an incremental update. If there is a better way, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. 440mb can take a while to download, I am getting it at about 100kbs from the ZA server. That means an hour or more, IF there are no interruptions.
    Sorry you are mis-informed about the process used..

1.) when you click on "Update" or "Update Now" in the ZA Tray Icon,

Version 10.x Now DOES a check for Both Anti-Virus Update and Product Update in the same function..

WHAT You are not Aware of, is that the Product Update Servers are Controlled by the Marketing Department, and the Availability of a New Product Flag is Normally Turned OFF and can be activated or restricted to Targeted Customers, Currently "Turned ON" for Users with ZA 9.3x, and not Users of 9.2 or earlier products and Not for users of ZA 10.x products at this time..

Those Users not on the "CFU" activation list, can Go the the Web-site and Manually download the Current Product for their Active License Key..

2.) The Speed of the Download, is relative to the available Bandwidth available by your ISP, the Age and size of your computer, available resources on your computer, other programs running in the backgrownd,etc..

Here is a Screen shot of the Slowest Download link from my ISP provider
    depending on time of day I have had large files downloaded at twice this speed..

Last edited by GeorgeV; August 21st, 2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information