Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I turn-off ZASS product notification permanently

  1. #1
    pvsurfer Guest

    Default How do I turn-off ZASS product notification permanently

    I'm happily running WinXP & ZASS 2010. As my system is running quite well I don't want to 'rock the boat' by updating ZASS. Yet the only option seems to be 'Remind Me Later' with a maximum of 15-days before the next reminder!

    How do I turn-off this product notification permanently?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    17,289

    Default Re: Stop bugging me!!!

    Under tools --> Schedule ... you will find the section dedicated to "product updates". Turn it OFF.
    This is not recommended, normally its important you keep your first line of defense fully up-to-date.
    Last edited by fax; July 29th, 2011 at 11:18 PM.

    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  3. #3
    pvsurfer Guest

    Default Re: Stop bugging me!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Under tools --> Schedule ... you will find the section dedicated to "product updates". Turn it OFF.
    This is not recommended, normally its important you keep your first line of defense fully up-to-date.
    Thanks for the reply. Actually, I saw that but it gave me the impression that selecting 'manual' would also stop automatic malware-signature updates, which I certainly don't want to do. - Does it in-fact stop all updating?

  4. #4
    PTRio Guest

    Default Re: How do I turn-off ZASS product notification permanently

    From what I can tell, the updates downloaded automatically by the program are ONLY the virus/malware updates, and NOT the program updates. To update the program requires downloading the entire 440 mb program from the ZA website, here: https://support.zonealarm.com/index....n-of-zonealarm

  5. #5
    pvsurfer Guest

    Default Re: How do I turn-off ZASS product notification permanently

    Quote Originally Posted by PTRio View Post
    From what I can tell, the updates downloaded automatically by the program are ONLY the virus/malware updates, and NOT the program updates...
    I don't want to receive program update notices - but I do want virus/spyware updates to continue to download automatically!
    Last edited by pvsurfer; July 30th, 2011 at 11:35 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    17,289

    Default Re: Stop bugging me!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pvsurfer View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Actually, I saw that but it gave me the impression that selecting 'manual' would also stop automatic malware-signature updates, which I certainly don't want to do. - Does it in-fact stop all updating?
    No, only products updates, no antivirus...

    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Product notification & Renewal notice harass me!
    By lev in forum General - Questions that don't fit any other category
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 15th, 2009, 01:30 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 19th, 2009, 09:28 PM
  3. ZASS 8.0.298.000 Preferences-product updates
    By papajoepc in forum ZoneAlarm Configuration
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2009, 04:14 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
  5. ZASS automatic product update feature not working
    By sling in forum General - Questions that don't fit any other category
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •