Thread: Root kit scan? Behavioral scanning?

hmishkoff Guest

Default Root kit scan? Behavioral scanning?

In another thread, I asked about the root kit scan, which seemed to be missing from the new version -- I was told that "the new Anti-Virus Engine scans for Rootkits automatically by default." But... I gather that I would have to select "Enable behavioral scanning," which is not selected by default, is that correct? And then I would have to select "Process is suspected to be a rootkit process," right?

Actually, I'm confused about the whole concept of "behavioral scanning," which I haven't seen before, either it wasn't in the previous version or I didn't use it. Is it recommended that I select ALL of the behavioral scans? Will that make everything run very slowly? Is it just trial and error, in that perhaps I should enable all of them and then selectively disable the ones that turn out to be overly intrusive?

Default Re: Root kit scan? Behavioral scanning?

Quote Originally Posted by hmishkoff View Post
    In another thread, I asked about the root kit scan, which seemed to be missing from the new version -- I was told that "the new Anti-Virus Engine scans for Rootkits automatically by default." But... I gather that I would have to select "Enable behavioral scanning," which is not selected by default, is that correct? And then I would have to select "Process is suspected to be a rootkit process," right?

Actually, I'm confused about the whole concept of "behavioral scanning," which I haven't seen before, either it wasn't in the previous version or I didn't use it. Is it recommended that I select ALL of the behavioral scans? Will that make everything run very slowly? Is it just trial and error, in that perhaps I should enable all of them and then selectively disable the ones that turn out to be overly intrusive?
    Yes it is Recommened that you leave all of the Behavioral Scaning option Checked and enabled, and in AV/AS Update every 30 minutes..

ZA 10 FEATURES

• Advanced Download Protection
      Analyzes downloads using patent-pending technology and warns you if a download is malicious - stopping it from infecting your PC.
    • Advanced Firewall
      Monitors programs for suspicious behavior spotting and stopping new attacks that bypass traditional anti-virus protection.

• Antivirus/Spyware Scan Engine
      Detects and remove viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots and rootkits.

• Anti-phishing and Site Status
      Blocks phishers, authenticates websites, and warns you if a site is dangerous.
    • Keylogger/Screengrabber Jamming
      Prevents identity thieves from seeing and stealing your passwords and other keystrokes that you type.
    • Two-way Firewall
      Locks out hackers, blocks intrusions and makes your PC invisible online.
    • Anti-Spam
      Filters out annoying and potentially dangerous email.

• Browser Virtualization
      Frees you to surf the Web with full protection against drive-by downloads and browser exploits.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 1st, 2011 at 05:14 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information