Thread: zaav 10.250 freezes W7x64 PC

gilcor Guest

Default zaav 10.250 freezes W7x64 PC

I'm using ZAAV since more than 5 years. Yesterday, I upgraded my W7 (64 bits) workstation from ZAAV 9.3 to the latest version 10.250.
    Everything went fine... but:
    Two times (yesterday and today), my computer was totally frozen: no more mouse controls, no more keyboard controls (i.e. ctl-alt-del is inactive): only a nice desktop "snapshot" !
    I'm sure that it's related with the new ZA version because it has been the only change on my machine since yesterday. It's very frustrating as the only way to get PC control again, is the "4 seconds Power-On " key press!
    I checked the events log: nothing special found.
    This morning, I uninstalled ZAAV 10.250 and re-installed ZAAV 9.3: no freezing anymore!
    Is somebody else experiencing such issue with W7 64 bits?

Default Re: zaav 10.250 freezes W7x64 PC

No, not normal. There is no known conflict with standard W764bit, must be something else running there or a bad upgrade.
    Did you install on top of your old ZA? What else is running at boot? Other security tools? Other utilities?

Follow the same recommendations as suggested here:
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=77609

yes, different version and problem but troubleshooting steps are the same.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 3rd, 2011 at 05:48 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gilcor Guest

No, I don't think there is "something else" running: I simply installed V10 over my previous V9.3 version. It automatically uninstalled V9.3 before V10 installation. As I wrote, all went FINE.
    All background running services are standard (adobe,quicktime,acronis,javaupdater,MagicDisc) and I repeat again: NO PROBLEMS with V9.3 and with V10, my PC froze completely two times in 4 hours. First freeze in the afternoon after V10 upgrade. Next freeze during the first 2 hours after I powered my PC in the morning.
    Both freezes were so wild that only the Power Off button was helpful !
    When I have time to do it, I will test the same sequence on another x64 machine:
    - install 9.3
    - upgrade to 10
    - see what happens...

Thanks anyway.

Try what already suggested. Fully remove any trace of ZA before reinstalling the latest version. Do not load any previous ZA settings. Also run the system selectively to find out which (if any) of your running software is conflicting with ZA.

Otherwise you can alsways direct yourself to the ZA official support at the link in my signature. If there is a problem its important to report it directly to the manufacturers. We are all users here and ZA staff does not monitor this board.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information