Thread: ZA 10 + Firefox 5 still has problems

pokeefe Guest

Default ZA 10 + Firefox 5 still has problems

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 10.0.250.000 supposedly fixed the Firefox 5 incompatibility problems. It didn't fix all of them.

1. When multiple Firefox windows are open, ZA changes the foreground-to-background order of the background windows when a new window is chosen as foreground.

2. The ZA toolbar is not (always) displayed. This doesn't bother me since I don't want it displayed, but I think I should have the option.

I have not yet reported these problems. I'll do that when I can afford to waste hours on the chat line. (How do we report problems via email?)

Default Re: ZA 10 + Firefox 5 still has problems

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefe View Post
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 10.0.250.000

I have not yet reported these problems. I'll do that when I can afford to waste hours on the chat line. (How do we report problems via email?)
    Sorry, ZoneAlarm Staff does not publish an email address.

First thing is we don't have direct email address so, you probably sent an email to an address that does not exist or that is not monitored. We don't publish an email address.

Customer service is open 24x7 via live chat and there has not been any issues with live chat for many months.

Many times its the browser being used or how the browser is configured or a 3rd party program interfering with the live chat or an add-on or plug-in to the browser interfering.

Our live chat work very well and when it does not its an issue with the browser or something on the PC that not allowing the Chat code to operate properly.

Forum Moderator
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Weird, tried it now and there is no waiting. Have you followed the right link?
    There is no such waiting time in ZA support unless major outbreaks occur.

Also note that it makes little use to report issue here. ZA development does not monitor this board. It is essential this is reported, troubleshooted, logged and escalated with the ZA support. Its the only way problems can be fixed.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 3rd, 2011 at 08:36 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

pokeefe Guest

My complaint about the chat line is the total amount of time tied to browser, not just the amount of time waiting in the queue, and not about technical problem at all. I admit I have not had to wait for over 20 minutes in the queue, but that was followed by very slow, laborious exchanges clarifying the problem. The previous email-based system may have actually taken more total time, but it was time that matched my schedule, not the chat-line schedule. A chat line is great for emergencies; it's stupid for run of the mill problems.

And I was posting my comment about ZA 10 and FF5 to alert other FF5 users, not in an attempt to report the problem.

And I was posting my comment about ZA 10 and FF5 to alert other FF5 users, not in an attempt to report the problem.
    This is not an alert board. Especially for non confirmed issues. First troubleshoot the issue with ZA official support then you can come back here reporting about the results of troubleshooting and suggestions for other users on how to resolve the issue.

Unless there are other questions or issue I will close this thread. Please do not hesitate to PM to have it reopened once and if you have contacted support and if you have some useful information for other users to read.

Thanks in advance for your help and support

Fax
    EDIT: I tried to replicate the problems but I could not here (FF 5.0.1).
    Last edited by fax; August 3rd, 2011 at 12:55 PM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information