Thread: Release 10 program list display issues

Hybrid View

AZ Bob Guest

Default Release 10 program list display issues

Is it just my 21 inch monitor or has the Programs Listing in release 10 been downgraded to the point of non-usability? What am I missing here?

I had used the Programs Listing in release 9 constantly to create customized settings for every program on my list. In release 10, this task looks to be nearly impossible. Some of the problems I ran into were:

In release 9, the Programs Listing was readable. In release 10, the text is in unreadable tiny font. No right-click settings options exist for increasing the font size.

In release 9, the Programs Listing had titles at the top of each column that were logical and easy to understand (Trust Level, Access, Server etc). In release 10, the titles are now meaningless words that don't describe anything. A new user might think he's in the wrong app. I don't even know if the columns are the same as in release 9 - there's no context help screens. A new user might be totally lost.

In release 9, the Programs Listing had gridlines that make the page easier to navigate. In release 10, there are no gridlines and navigation is unworkable.

In release 9, the Programs Listing was easy to edit because the user could select individual control settings. In release 10, the lack of descriptions, help screens, user manuals, and usable design caused so much frustration that I just gave up. Like other posters, I reinstalled release 9; what a relief!

Does anyone else see these issues? Version 9 wasn't broke so why fix, er, wreck it? At the least shouldn't some of us be asking ZoneLabs to provide a really good release 10 user manual? Or am I wrong on all counts and just missed the correct answers?

Thank you

AZ Bob

Default Re: Release 10 program list display issues

Hi!

there is an online manual you can access directly from the ZA 10 interface. Push "Help" --> push "Help" again.

You can resize program control window to have a better view of the programs (unfortunately sizing is not saved within different sessions). To customise access of programs select the entry (program, executable) and push on "options". From there you will see all standard settings you also find in the old version 9. Just different way to access it. You need to get use to it.

Normally smartdefense and the central ZA database is managing all advanced setting for programs. You don't need to modify those unless you know what you are doing. This is probably why ZA left visible only non critical settings for the users. While more advanced controls are accessible via the "options" button.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information