Thread: Eudora settings: 10.0.246 doesn't keep Eudora settings

eduardo_b Guest

Default Eudora settings: 10.0.246 doesn't keep Eudora settings

Despite insistence by ZA support that newest version automatically keeps permanent settings instead of using checkbox, every day when I use Eudora Pro, when I click on link in e-mail, it asks for permission to let Eudora use DDE to browser. I have gone in manually and set all to allow, but the last two settings (inbound) do not stick. Never had this issue with versions prior to 10.x.

Default Re: Latest version (10.0.246) doesn't keep Eudora settings

Hi!

I would fist fully remove ZA build 246 and install the latest 250 starting fresh without importing any settings (they may corrupted).

DDE is governed by the advanced option called trust level. You need to modify the TRUST level of Eudora that you find by selecting the relevant executable in ZA program control list then push on "options" and allocate under the trust level section a "SUPER" to Eudora.

Note that the main column "smartedefense" should read "Custom" and not AUTO or unknown.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 6th, 2011 at 08:38 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Eudora settings: 10.0.246 doesn't keep Eudora settings

By the way here below you find the links to latest version:
    Looking for the latest version?

May be also good to think moving a more supported and widely used e-mail system.

eduardo_b Guest

Default Re: Latest version (10.0.246) doesn't keep Eudora settings

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!

I would fist fully remove ZA build 246 and install the latest 250 starting fresh without importing any settings (they may corrupted).

DDE is governed by the advanced option called trust level. You need to modify the TRUST level of Eudora that you find by selecting the relevant executable in ZA program control list then push on "options" and allocate under the trust level section a "SUPER" to Eudora.

Note that the main column "smartedefense" should read "Custom" and not AUTO or unknown.

Thanks,
    Fax
    I've used ZA for a very long time...close to 15 years. The settings are Custom and Super. I suppose the settings could be corrupted, but I'm not convinced of it.

eduardo_b Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    By the way here below you find the links to latest version:
    Looking for the latest version?

May be also good to think moving a more supported and widely used e-mail system.
    I've not found a better e-mail client than Eudora Pro, which I've used through many versions for longer than I've used ZA. The issue isn't EP, it's ZA. Remember, all previous versions of ZA worked fine with EP.

Thanks for the link. Not seen another upgrade box with ZA since 246.

No other suggestion from my side... go on with troubleshooting as suggested. If it does not work then time to report to ZA official support.

Let us know how you resolved your issue, it will help other users here. Considering you know well ZA then its most likely a corrupted database. There are no widespread reports of broken remembering otherwise this forum will be flooded by messages.

Yes, Eudora... my favorite e-mail client but left it ages ago. It works fine but the majority out there do not use it and its a compatibility nightmare everytime you receive an ad-hoc formatted e-mail from another client.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 6th, 2011 at 09:20 AM.

eduardo_b Guest

Well, the 10.x versions don't remember settings for Eudora if computer is restarted, which is a bother but not terribly so, but what I really dislike is the lack of checkboxes to select permanent versus one-time permissions/denials. I can't think of any good reason after nine versions to remove this, and it makes me want to return to the last version of 9.x XS. Where can I find it?

Also, tomorrow my new computer arrives running Win 7, which is 64-bit. Should I expect any problems? I have to uninstall McAfee, which comes with all the bloatware, but other than that can I expect no issues?

Chuck44 Guest

I have had the same problem with ZA 10 not remembering Eudora settings.
    It's getting to be a real pain, and I'm thinking of going back to an older version of ZA.

Thread Information