Thread: Timing of a renewal

Snarkley Guest

Default Timing of a renewal

Should you wait to renew on the day before license expiration? Or if you renew early, will it add your remaining time to the new year? For instance, if you have a month left and you renew now, will you end up with 13 months on the renewal license, or do you lose a month?

Default Re: Timing of a renewal

Sorry all users here, better to check with official ZA customer support the exact mechanism for renewing. I think you will loose days if you renew before 30 days from expiring but you need to check. Renew policy may have changed.

You could even make use of the 30 days trial with the new version, so no rush. The link to support is in my signature.

It would be welcome if you could post here what support indicated. It will help other users with your same question.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 8th, 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Snarkley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    It would be welcome if you could post here what support indicated. It will help other users with your same question.

Thanks,
    Fax
    I was told by Customer Support that if you renew early, the time will be added to the remaining time only if you renew through the "renew link" page, which for English version is:

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...m-products.htm

That link is also accessible through the "renew" link inside the ZA Control Panel. Or the "renew" link at the main page of the ZA website.

The tech said the way I would know that the time would be added is when it asks me to input my license number. If it doesn't ask for a license input, then he said you would lose your time.

~~snips~~
    Last edited by fax; August 9th, 2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: removed to avoid confusion

After a double check here below you find a clarification:

If your buying a NEW product SKU. Your never asked to put in a key so we would not be able to determine time left.

If you are purchasing a Renewal SKU and upgrade to a different renewal SKU, you will not get to bring over your time left.

If your are purchasing a renewal for the same product SKU and input the key when asked, time left is brought over if the key has 30 days or less left on it.

So don't renew until you have 30 days or less.

Its just better to wait for the client to pop up a message. Because that automates the purchase process and moving the time over.
    Going to the website and manually renewing will not guarantee the time gets moved over.

So just wait for the client to tell you its time to renew and click on the purchase button from that message to ensure time is moved over the product.
    Hope this help to finally sort out your renewal doubts

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Snarkley Guest

Thanks, Fax.
    Last edited by fax; August 9th, 2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: offtopic

Thread Information