Thread: Problem with ZA v. 10.0.250.000 and MS Publisher

twilightzone Guest

Default Problem with ZA v. 10.0.250.000 and MS Publisher

Since installing the new ZA version, I am having this problem:
    Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 64 bit "windows low on memory" & "The clipboard is busy" when cutting and pasting. After 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft, it was determined that Zone Alarm was the problem. I installed the previous version of ZA and this problem went away. Any idea about why this is happening??
    Last edited by twilightzone; August 13th, 2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: add more info

Smile Re: Problem with ZA v. 10.0.250.000 and MS Publisher

Hi;

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

It is normally Helpful when posting here to give full details of your computer setup.

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, other security tools installed

is this a First time install?
    Stopped working recently?
    any other issues?
    any Error messages in the ZA logs?
    and what are the steps you took to reproduce the problem.

The More information you post the more likely users here, or Tech Support Rep, will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

also is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.

================
    *** NOTICE:

sorry we are all users here, Tech Support and Customer Service to not Monitor this User Forum,

If you have a valid ZA license
    Please contact the ZA Technical support (Free of Charge)

at the Live Chat link in my Signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.

Please post back here if you find a solution. It may help other users...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

twilightzone Guest

Default Re: Problem with ZA v. 10.0.250.000 and MS Publisher

Sorry.
    Computer is a Dell Inspiron 560 with 6 GB RAM and 1 TB hard drive.
    I have been using ZA for years, so not a first time install.
    No other issues, no err msg in logs.

Exact version of ZA used? Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> Copy to clipboard --> Paste it in a reply.

What you describe could be related to the web security of ZA but it depends on the version used.

Moreover unless you have changed the ZA settings, ZA trust MS certified executable by default. It could also be something related to malware infection or something related to other security tools or utilities installed on the PC. Please list the other tools you have running.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

twilightzone Guest

As the title of my thread indicates, I was running ZA v. 10.0.250.000 when this problem occurred. When I shutdown ZA totally, the problem went away. When I installed the previous version on ZA the problem also went away. I have therefore concluded that zA v.10.0.250.000 is causing this problem.
    I have scanned the computer with ZA and PC Health and found no problems.
    This could be a bug that Zone Alarm is not yet aware of.

Well considering you move back I have no further suggestions to help you since you need to have the product installed to try to troubleshoot it. Naming "ZA v. 10.0.250.000" does not really help, too generic. There 4 products with that numbers ZA AV, ZA PRO, ZA SUITE and ZA Extreme.

If you do not report the problem to ZA official support (all users here) it is unlikely to be resolved anytime soon.
    Also running old security tools its like running no tool. Better to move to something else but up-to-date that keeping an old version.

Install the latest version, follow-up with the official ZA technical support at the link in signature (click on the live chat link when at the support page). Meanwhile I am closing this thread since the issue is resolved (installed back an old version). Please do not hesitate to PM me to get the thread re-opened if you want to post how you have resolved the issue (other than uninstalling it). It may help other users reading this board.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by twilightzone View Post
    As the title of my thread indicates, I was running ZA v. 10.0.250.000 when this problem occurred.This could be a bug that Zone Alarm is not yet aware of.
    We are Sorry that you did not understand our Request for more information from you..

*** NOTICE:

Guru Fax has provide instructions on how to Find the Type of Zone Alarm you have and how to post that information Here...

So far you have ONLY provided the Version Number, and not the Exact Type of Zone alarm..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, other security tools installed.

is this a First time install?
    Stopped working recently?
    any other issues?
    any Error messages in the ZA logs?
    and what are the steps you took to reproduce the problem.

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

also is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information