Thread: Deleting Temp files in Content.IE5

elder Guest

Default Deleting Temp files in Content.IE5

Temp files in "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ " have accumulated to gigabyte size and can't be deleted by any methods I have tried to date using IE8 tools, or the command prompt. This slows ZA scans to a crawl, taking hours to finish. Does anyone know of a method or commercial program that can clear these files?

Default Re: Deleting Temp files in Content.IE5

Normally IE8 itself should work, may be some other problems in the PC other than IE or ZA.

You may want to try ccleaner.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

elder Guest

Guru,

Thanks for your reply. I tried reducing space for browser history to a minimum, and deleting after that did take several minutes suggesting removal of many files. However, many others remained and a ZA scan still spent a lot of time on Content.EI5 files. Perhaps these are very small and very numerous. I checked out ccleaner and also ~~ snip ~~ via CNET reviews and their websites. Both claim to remove IE5 files and free up space. I'll give one or both a trial.
    Last edited by fax; August 17th, 2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: commercial software.

Sorry the naming of commercial software needed to go, its against forum rules.
    Ccleaner is free and widely used. This is why it is was mentioned in the first place.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 17th, 2011 at 04:43 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information