Thread: Recent update has denied access

pell01 Guest

Default Recent update has denied access

After the recent update some weeks ago I am no longer able to access a website that I use frequently. I have no trouble accessing any other site and in communication via email with member of the forum board on that site, as well as the administrator, I am the only one having trouble. I'm also the only one that has ZA. When trying to connect it simply times out.

Is there anyway to allow specific sites access? Access to this site is crucial to me and as a last resort I plan to uninstall ZA. Which leads to another question, I have ZA Security Suite and if I uninstall it will I be able to reinstall it or would I have to renew or start a new subscription.

Default Re: Recent update has denied access

It is normally Helpful when posting here to give full details of your computer setup.

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, Type and Version of Browser, other security tools and versions installed

also is this aDeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

pell01 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    It is normally Helpful when posting here to give full details of your computer setup.

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, Type and Version of Browser, other security tools and versions installed

also is this aDeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.
    Sorry, I'm not that computer savvy. I've been using ZA Security Suite for about the last 6 years. I just renew every year when my subscription comes up. I assume I have the latest version because I had to do a manual update a few weeks ago. I've used browsers Opera, FireFox, IE and GoogleChrome and all have the same problem accessing this site and only this site. My primary default browser is Opera. I have linksys WAP security enabled wireless remote though when I connect to an unsecure wireless network in my area I still have the same problem so I don't think it's my wireless network as it's been the same for about 5 years. I know accessing the site is working for others as I just received an email in my Yahoo account indicating I had receive a PM asking where I have been and how come I haven't been posting on the forum in which I am very active. I am able to access the site I'm having trouble with using the library computer and a desk top at a relative's house.

I have a Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP SP3.

Hi!

sorry we are all users here,

Note:

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, other security tools installed.

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users of Zone Alarm who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

The Official Tech Support Staff do not monitor this ZoneAlarm User Forum..

If you have a valid ZoneAlarm license,

Please click on the Support link in my Signature then click on the LIVE CHAT Link at the top Right side of the SUPPORT page and troubleshoot the issue with Technical Support.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 25th, 2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Update information
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information