Thread: Conflict With Microsoft Security Essentials?

Hybrid View

srfrog Guest

Default Conflict With Microsoft Security Essentials?

I have ZA Pro installed on my laptop, running Windows XP. I was wondering if I could run Microsoft Security Essentials along with ZA. I understand that running more than one anti virus program can cause problems. Would that be the case in this instance? Thanks....Ed

jkseidel Guest

Default Re: Conflict With Microsoft Security Essentials?

As far as I'm aware, the ZoneAlarm Pro package does not include antivirus/antimalware. I use ZoneAlarm Pro (9.3.037.000) and have Microsoft Security Essentials installed and running without an issue. I briefly tried ZAP 10.x and it didn't seem to have any problems with Security Essentials either.

Usually, the main issue with running multiple antivirus/antimalware packages is the drain on system resources. Conflicts can occur between active/live monitoring applications, but it's the resources that they utilize that really can bog a system down to a crawl.

srfrog Guest

Unhappy Re: Conflict With Microsoft Security Essentials?

Quote Originally Posted by jkseidel View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the ZoneAlarm Pro package does not include antivirus/antimalware. I use ZoneAlarm Pro (9.3.037.000) and have Microsoft Security Essentials installed and running without an issue. I briefly tried ZAP 10.x and it didn't seem to have any problems with Security Essentials either.

Usually, the main issue with running multiple antivirus/antimalware packages is the drain on system resources. Conflicts can occur between active/live monitoring applications, but it's the resources that they utilize that really can bog a system down to a crawl.
    Thanks for the reply. My version of ZA pro DOES have an antivirus component....

EDIT. OH NO! I feel so stupid. I have the security suite. For some reason I took it for granted it was just the firewall! Must have been a serious senior moment. Next time I'll check things out more seriously. Sorry for the bother...Ed
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 4th, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

Thread Information