Thread: Difference between "Web Security" and Forcefield?

Threaded View

Default Difference between "Web Security" and Forcefield?

I'm using ZoneAlarm Security Suite 10.0.250.0 and Firefox. I accidentally upgraded my Firefox 5 to Firefox 6 and now I can't connect to the internet with it. I'm guessing that ZASS is locking me out because it doesn't yet support FF 6. So I'll use IE 9 for browsing until ZASS is upgraded hopefully next month.

But I'm confused, because ZASS tells me that Web Security is ON, and I opened up FF 6 briefly and I see that the "Zone Alarm Security Engine 1.5.325.0" add-on IS enabled.

So I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not sure of the relationship between Web Security, ForeceField, and Browser Virtualization. I don't have the Browser Virtualization component of ZA, and I think I don't have ForceField (and to tell the truth I'm not sure what it is as I'm a ZoneAlarm old-timer and I don't remember it from the old days). If the ZA Security Engine add-on is enabled in FF 6, what about ZA exactly is not yet supported for FF 6?

Thanks for any help in understanding all of this.
    Last edited by rickola; August 26th, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

Thread Information