Thread: Can't Update ZA Pro

srfrog Guest

Default Can't Update ZA Pro

I just downloaded the latest update (zaSuiteSetup_100_250_000_en) and can't install it. When I try to run the update program I get an error message "No valid installation configuration found". Any ideas? Thanks in advance....

Default Re: Can't Update ZA Pro

Quote Originally Posted by srfrog View Post
    I just downloaded the latest update (zaSuiteSetup_100_250_000_en) and can't install it. When I try to run the update program I get an error message "No valid installation configuration found". Any ideas? Thanks in advance....
    Hi;

Look at the Download File name..

You have downloaded the Za Security Suite file and not the
    zapSetup_100_250_000_en.exe

Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

Or (you can Download the ZA Removal Tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

Delelete the Suite file and download a Fresh ZAP download from this Link..

https://support.zonealarm.com/index....n-of-zonealarm
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

srfrog Guest

Thanks, George. I thought I was installing an update. At least that is what the e-mail from Checkpoint Technologies (Zone Alarm) seemed to indicate. Thanks again.....

EDIT: I keep getting messages from ZA to update and when I click "update now" I find that the site is meant for a security suite. I have only the basic ZA Pro. Why am I constantly reminded to update when the site I am taken to is for updating the suite only?
    Last edited by srfrog; August 23rd, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srfrog View Post
    Thanks, George. I thought I was installing an update. At least that is what the e-mail from Checkpoint Technologies (Zone Alarm) seemed to indicate. Thanks again.....

EDIT: I keep getting messages from ZA to update and when I click "update now" I find that the site is meant for a security suite. I have only the basic ZA Pro. Why am I constantly reminded to update when the site I am taken to is for updating the suite only?
    Any Email that you get, is probably a "MASS Mailing" from the Marketing Department..

sorry we are all users here, This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

You may contact the ZA technical support or Non-Tech Customer Support Free of Charge at the Live Chat link in my Signature and troubleshoot the issue with them.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

srfrog Guest

Thumbs up Re: Can't Update ZA Pro

Thanks again for your help, George. Much appreciated...

Your Welcome...

critterjoe Guest

srfrog:

I may not have understood correctly what all you did, but if you got an "email" wanting you to click on a link to download software, you might want to check with ZoneLabs to be sure that was legitimate, and not some phishing/malware. I've never received such an email from ZoneLabs, although it could also be that I have my privacy settings to opt out. Clicking on a link in an unsolicited email can be dangerous.

The safest way to download is through the program or the update page on the website, and being sure all links are legitimate.

You can easily talk to Customer Service using the Live Chat feature 24x7.

srfrog Guest

Thanks, CritterJoe. I did click on the "check for updates" button on my ZA GUI, so I'm sure the program was legit. You made a good point, though.....Ed

srfrog Guest

OK, I have to apologize. I'm actually running ZA Internet Security Suite. I was thinking it was just the firewall. My bad....senior moment, I guess. My thanks to those who helped, anyway....Ed
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 5th, 2011 at 04:16 AM.

Thread Information