Thread: Please explain the security (conduit) toolbar

Hybrid View

Snarkley Guest

Default Please explain the security (conduit) toolbar

I have a couple questions based on Forum-Moderator's statements in the top sticky post, when he refers to the Security Toolbar as a "conduit" toolbar. When installing ZAES 10, it has a checkbox option to install the "Security Toolbar";. I assume this is what the moderator also calls the "conduit" toolbar. If one elects not to install that toolbar, what decrease in functionality (if any) is the result? I assume that Web Security (browser virtualization, anti-phishing, download protection) is still present; is that right? What is the main benefit of the optional "Security Toolbar", and is full safety present without it?

Also, is the Web Security Toolbar (virtualization, etc.) working OK between ZAES version 10.250 and Firefox 5? I know the browser is compatible, but can ZAES, Firefox 5, and virtualization be used? (I had read posts that virtualization caused problems with Firefox 4 and frequently had to be turned off). I know compatibility with Firefox 6 and ZAES is not ready. Thanks for info.
    Last edited by Snarkley; August 30th, 2011 at 06:20 AM.

Default Re: Please explain the security (conduit) toolbar

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkley View Post
    What is the main benefit of the optional "Security Toolbar", and is full safety present without it? Thanks for info.
    Private browsing and sites infos that you only get with the toolbar. This information was already posted in other threads. Yes, as already posted latest za support ff5 and soon ff6 (see other threads)

Don't rely on users reports here otherwise you will have the impression nothing works in ZA

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 30th, 2011 at 06:23 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information