Thread: Anti-Phishing Problem

scrumdown Guest

Default Anti-Phishing Problem

Good Evening,

I have recently upgraded ZoneAlarm Pro from version 8 to version 9.3.037 in my XP Pro machine.
    In Overview >> Main, every time I boot-up, the Anti-phishing function is coloured red.
    When I click on the Fix It button, it turns green, thus becoming effective. It continues to operate until I reboot my PC and then I have to click on Fix It again.

I have checked through my settings on ZA, but cannot find one that will keep the Anti-phishing function operational after I switch off my PC and boot up.
    My Browser Security is switched on, and in the General tab, Automatically check for ZoneAlarm Browser Security updates is ticked. Clicking the Check now button has no affect.
    All the Advanced tab boxes are ticked by default.

Additionally, I have the latest version of Firefox 6.0.1. In the Add-ons Manager >> Extensions, FF informs me that ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.152.14 has been disabled because it is incompatible with Firefox.
    Will this be rectified in due course ?

I would be grateful for your advice on these anomalies.

Also, am I correct in assuming that my version 9.3.037 is the final update for this version, now that version 10 is available ?

Scrumdown

PS - Aah ..I have just noticed your sticky regarding compatibility with Firefox 6, and that this will be addressed in due course.

Default Re: Anti-Phishing Problem

Hi,

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

First your ZA Pro 9.3 is a Very old Version that was Only Compatible with FireFox 4,
    The Current Upgrade of ZA Pro 10.0.250 is Compatible with FireFox 5
    Sticky: Firefox 5

Here is a Download link to ZA Pro 10.0.250.000

https://support.zonealarm.com/index....n-of-zonealarm

No version of Zone Alarm before ZA 10.0.250 is compatible with FireFox 5 or 6 or Beta 7..

The Next Version of Zone Alarm out sometime in September will be Compatible with Fire Fox 6
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 31st, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

scrumdown Guest

Thank you GeorgeV for your informative reply.

I have one further question to clarify your advice about upgrading to ZoneAlarm English version 10.0.250.000.

Will my current full license key for version 9.3.037 be recognized and accepted for version 10, or will I now have to purchase version 10 ?
    I do not want the situation where if I upgrade to version 10 per your link, that this only provides me with a 30 day trial offer when using my existing version 9 full license key.
    Nor do I want to buy yet another later version unless I really have to.

Solution: (quote from your above KB link)
    You will need the appropriate ZoneAlarm product license key when downloading and installing a ZoneAlarm product. If you download and install the wrong ZoneAlarm product, your license key will appear as expired, or you will end up with a 30 day trial.
    If you do not remember which product you purchased online, or have misplaced your license key, you can login to your Online Account to look up your order history and get your license key and product info.

scrumdown

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdown View Post
    Thank you GeorgeV for your informative reply.

I have one further question to clarify your advice about upgrading to ZoneAlarm English version 10.0.250.000.

Will my current full license key for version 9.3.037 be recognized and accepted for version 10, or will I now have to purchase version 10 ?
    I do not want the situation where if I upgrade to version 10 per your link, that this only provides me with a 30 day trial offer when using my existing version 9 full license key.
    Nor do I want to buy yet another later version unless I really have to.

Your Welcome...

As long as your ZA Pro 9.3 Key has not Expired, you may Upgrade to all ZA Pro v10 upgrades for Free..

download and install a current copy of the latest ZA version 10.0.250.000. <== Click Here

The Solution Quoted Below, Only applies if you lose or Forgot your License Key, or try to Install any Type of ZoneAlarm other than ZA Pro, as your ZA Pro Key will only work with ZA Pro..
    If the Installer you download does not Start with the letters zapSetup, then you may have downloaded the wrong file..

Solution:

You will need the appropriate ZoneAlarm product license key when downloading and installing a ZoneAlarm product. If you download and install the wrong ZoneAlarm product your license key will appear as expired or you will end up with a 30 day free trial .

If you do not remember which product you purchased online or have misplaced your license key you can login to your Online Account to look up your order history and get your license key and product info.
    www.zonealarm.com/myaccount
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 1st, 2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV

scrumdown Guest

Thank you again GeorgeV for your helpful and early reply.

I now have all the information that I require. Much obliged.

scrumdown

Your Welcome...

scrumdown Guest

One further question GeorgeV,

After I download the version 10 zapSetup file to my Desktop, should I first uninstall my version 9 prior to installing version 10 ?

Or can I simply install version 10 on top of version 9 ?

scrumdown

Considering that ZA 10 is a Complete re-design, I would recomend a clean uninstall of the old ZAP 9.3 first..

run the ZA removal tool (to be sure there are no major left overs) then install ZAPRO 10.0.250 with default settings (do not import any previous saved settings).

You find the ZA removal tool here: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe
    GeorgeV

scrumdown Guest

Thanks again GeorgeV for your help .. and very quick responses.

scrumdown

Your Welcome...
    GeorgeV

Thread Information