Thread: [Fixed] New 10 version - Deep Scan Schedule and other issues => upgrade to 10.1.079

Smile [Fixed] New 10 version - Deep Scan Schedule and other issues => upgrade to 10.1.079

ZoneAlarm Security Suite - version 10.0.250

I'm trying to get used to the new interface with version 10. It is more simple, but does not seem to be as flexible.

Since I have to run scans overnight, in the past I did the complete scan with the deep scan on a weekly basis. Now, a deep scan can be scheduled at at most every 6 months, which makes now sense to me. Why eliminate the ability to do the deep scan with my normal weekly scan??

The normal scan can now only be done every 2 weeks - very strange.

Anti-virus updates can occur at flexible frequencies, but unlike the scans, the time continues to not be able to be scheduled. Might add a note - schedule at time most inconvenient to user - seriously, why not let us update overnight or at a time convenient to us (this is not a change from old version).

- - -
    There used to be all types of settings for the firewall - don't see where those are anymore - oh I see, click on computer image. I guess this is OK, beats me why not include it in the menu.

Default Re: New 10 version - Deep Scan Schedule and other issues

Hi!

sorry this is a section dedicated to user support, if you have any specific product support issue please clearly state it otherwise I will need to close the thread and moving it to the off-topic section

Deep scan change is by design and already been explained here. The rest is all by design. There is nothing we can address here.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 8th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

From a PM.

What section would have been appropriate?
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...619#post290619

= = = = = = =
    Scanning the posts, I saw lots of posts with issues that were closed. Has this forum changed?? I've been a ZoneAlarm customer for over a decade and recommended the software to more people than I can count. Somehow things seem to have changed.
    Dave
    = = = = = = =

I am very sorry to hear you keep having issues with the design of ZA. Sorry if I was not enough clear in my previous message. Your post has already been moved to a more appropiate section (offtopic) since, as you may understand, design issues cannot really be addressed in a user forum. Moreover these have already been discussed, please review the board before posting.

Nothing has changed in this forum. Threads are closed if resolved, cannot be resolved, have been already addressed or cannot be addressed. It is manly for the benefit of all users to keep solutions clear, clean and help users to find easily answers to their problems (if available).

Please feel free to post a new thread if you have any specific product related issue you want other users here to try to help you. These are normally common issues for which resolution is available or standard troubleshooting steps can be suggested. Otherwise please note that with a valid license you can contact, free of charge, to the ZA technical support at the link in my signature.

I thank you in advance for your understanding and support.

Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 9th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by denverdave View Post
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite - version 10.0.250

I'm trying to get used to the new interface with version 10. It is more simple, but does not seem to be as flexible.

- - -
    There used to be all types of settings for the firewall - don't see where those are anymore - oh I see, click on computer image. I guess this is OK, beats me why not include it in the menu.

Hi;

I agree with Guru Fax,

Here are a Few Sticky post from the Helpful links and Hints section that may be helpful to you in navigating the new design of ZA 10..

Sticky: "What's New with ZA 10.1.079.000"

Sticky: How to Create Your own New Thread?

Here is yet another reason for closing Threads once they are resolved for that user..

NOTICE: As a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem,
    the Guideline Rules, ask each User to Please start their own thread.

This insure that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem, When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

You can also (with a valid ZA License key) click on the Support link in my Signature then click on the LIVE CHAT Link at the top Left side of the SUPPORT page and troubleshoot the issue with Technical Support.

Thanks
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 23rd, 2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information