Thread: VSMON taking up 100% CPU

mtwain Guest

Default VSMON taking up 100% CPU

Nothing but problems since the last update. Why is VSMON taking 100% of the CPU? I can only use my lap top in Safe Mode now. How can I fix this. My renewal is up in 30 days.

Default Re: VSMON taking up 100% CPU

Sorry all users here, if you provide more information on the issue other users here may try to help you. But with such little information is unlikely that any user here will be able to hint to any troubleshooting steps.

You should give detailed information about your system and OS, application installed and versions, other security tools installed, previous version of ZA, version of ZA you were trying to install or installed. Installed on top of an existing version of not. Any steps to reproduce the problem. The settings you have applied to ZA.

More information you provide more likely users here will be able to identify the problem. Also there are many posts here that could you help you to understand how to present and troubleshoot the problem.

Finally, please note that with a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature. Look for the live chat link.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mtwain Guest

~snip~ Latest version of Zone Alarm Security Suite installed on a Toshiba Laptop A-105, Windows XP. I've tried the ZA technical support before and now and never get a response.
    Last edited by fax; September 9th, 2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: only one message to refer to. Removed the quote, saving space.

I am very sorry this is not really enough information to give you any specific hint. You may want to search this forum for similar cases and try to troubleshoot it based on the suggestion given (push on search on the top forum banner).

Btw, ZA technical support its a live service, you are helped on the spot. You just need to wait for a free operator to assist you. They cannot not answer.

Thanks and good luck with your problem. Please come back here if you manage to resolve the issue, it will help other users if facing the same problem.

Fax

mtwain Guest

~~snip~~ What more information do you need?
    Last edited by fax; September 9th, 2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: only one message to refer to. Removed the quote, saving space.

Quote Originally Posted by mtwain View Post
    What more information do you need?

Hi;

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, other security tools installed.

is this a First time install?
    Stopped working recently?
    any Error messages in the ZA logs?
    and what are the steps you took to reproduce the problem.

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

also is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

I have already listed the information needed. At this point its better you contact directly the official ZA technical support as already suggested. I have no further suggestions to support you.

Please come back here if you manage to resolve the issue, it will help other users if facing the same problem.

Thanks,
    Fax

Quote Originally Posted by mtwain View Post
    Nothing but problems since the last update. Why is VSMON taking 100% of the CPU? I can only use my lap top in Safe Mode now. How can I fix this. My renewal is up in 30 days.

Please Read the following Sticky Post by the Forum Moderator...

Sticky: "vsmon" using 40-50% of the CPU all the time
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information