Thread: Public / Trusted

VanderLeal Guest

Angry Public / Trusted

Funny thing...
    When I connect on mobile internet ZA detects the new network and asks...
    PUBLIC or TRUSTED?
    No matter if I choose PUBLIC, it'll be set as TRUSTED...

So, I need to click to define it, then open the GUI, blablabla, open the network, and change it to Public. EVERY single time I connect... This is very annoying.

Anyone faces the same behavior?

Default Re: Public / Trusted

ZA Version used? Check the Network settings (advance settings of the firewall), they are either broken or you have selected "Include networks in the TRUSTED zone upon detection". A full reset of the settting could probably help. This is achieved differently according to the version used.

Please note that this is a user forum to help to common product related issues. To have a chance to be helped you need to provide full details of your version of ZA including other tools running as well as your ZA settings and any information that may be useful for other users to guess your problem.

More information you provide more likely some may help you. Otherwise, if you have a valid license, you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature. Look for the live chat link.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 10th, 2011 at 09:28 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

VanderLeal Guest

Hi Fax,
    First of all, many many thanks. I see you as one of the most active person around, using your own time to share knowledge with everyone else.

FYI
    Windows 7 x64

ZoneAlarm with Anti-virus version: 10.0.250.000
    vsmon version: 10.0.250.000
    Driver version: 10.0.217.000
    Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1059816000
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.322.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155

I'll look after a way to reset the configs...
    I installed it recently, so I did not changed really nothing, so a reset will not exactly be any trouble.

I don't have any range to be considered as trusted, so that's what I think it's weird. And also, since it's asking what I want to define for this new network, it's quite weird it not being considering.

I'll give another try using the support. Last time I posted this, the support was off, pages showing error 500.

Thanks once again.

Interesting. You are using Windows 7. Please note that ZA normally should not ask where to put the network since it takes the settings from your OS (win7).

If you are using a 3G connection with a third party software ZA may not support it since it is designed to work natively with WIN7 network management. If you have an option to let your OS manage the connection and not the the third party software then please choose it. If you can't I am afraid I cannot really help and you will need to check with support directly.

Assuming the above is not your case then go to the WIN7 "network and sharing center" and remove the saved networks causing problems. Also under the "select a location for the xxxx network", there is an option that says "Treat all future networks that I connect to as PUBLIC.....".

Now reinstall ZA, keep all defaults and see if with the right setup of the OS it will work.

ZA support works perfectly fine here (just tested it now). This may point to other issues than ZA at your end.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

VanderLeal Guest

Ok Fax,
    I'll try what you suggested, and if it keeps doing the same, I'll try to contact support again.

Thanks a lot.

Thread Information