Thread: ZA Internet Security Suite version: 10.0.246.000

mikegrieff Guest

Question ZA Internet Security Suite version: 10.0.246.000

I have never had issues with ZA until this latest version, (the one that my ZA says is up to date), version: 10.0.246.000, (but ZA's website says version: 10.0.250.000 is the latest).
    I searched for that ever, size growing file, tvdebug.log, and read that unless you plan to 'debug', send errors to, ZA, you can turn off the 'debug', or at least, 'set the debug level'. I remember in previous versions when you held ctrl/shift and right clicked the ZA icon in the Notification Area of Windows7, it gave access to 'set the debug level; don't work, not available in this version: 10.0.246.000 of ZA.
    When I discovered there was a version: 10.0.250.000, I searched and found a download for it on ZA's site, downloading as I type. .. What I wanted to express and hopefully, find an explanation to my curiosity of, is why version: 10.0.246.000 says it is up to date when I see that there is a version: 10.0.250.000, ... and if possible, is the ever, size growing tvdebug.log necessary, and how can I set the 'debug level' in version: 10.0.246.000?

Mike Grieff

Default Re: ZA Internet Security Suite version: 10.0.246.000

Automatic updates are currently turned on only for major versions change (from 9 to 10), they may be turned ON sometimes in the near future for all the versions. Fully remove the current version and install the latest (do not restore any previous settings).

Abnormal logs indicates a corruption of the ZA settings or an incorrect customization or conflicts with other software installed (typically other security tools) blocking the correct functioning of ZA.

I am not aware of a way to turn off the logging other than the settings in the ZA log section.

You may want to contact the ZA technical support directly at the link in my signature, its free for registered users. Its the only way to get your problem (if persistent) logged and troubleshooted.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mikegrieff Guest

Cool Re: ZA Internet Security Suite version: 10.0.246.000 (up to 10.0.250)

Well, I finally, installed the '250' that I got a while ago. Wish I would've paid mind to the 'uninstall previous'. I jus' ran the setup and win7 had to go through the 'startup repair' before it would 'startup'. .. I don't see any option to 'check for upgrade' as I remember in pre-version 10 ZA preferences. when my ZA '249' checked for Update, it reported AV updated and Program up to date; but it was '249'. So I had to go to ZA site and download; never had to before to get latest version. Oh, well.

Its best to install the latest after having removed the previous however it should work fine even if installed on top. You must have something else going on on the system for ZA having problems to upgrade your version.

This could also explain why logs are getting so big.

I would then recommend to use the ZA removal tool after having removed the old ZA and before installing the latest to ensure all main left overs are removed from the system. At least you will be sure its not a faulty ZA installation causing the log to grow so big.

Thanks,
    Fax

mikegrieff Guest

Red face Re: ZA Internet Security Suite version: 10.0.246.000

My Bad. I think I may have messed with Preferences / Settings and forgotten. . . . . I do not like Za 10's View Programs dialog /window; I used to be able to scroll, once one was highlighted, and it would display details of each. Now, details do not display unless clicked/selected; tedious.

Thank you for the feedback. Is the issue of huge logs resolved with this version? Please note its normal to have logs of 100-150MB. These are then compressed (zip) from time to time to reduce HD space.
    Last edited by fax; September 18th, 2011 at 02:32 AM.

Thread Information