Thread: [Solved] 30-days-trials for v10-250 ==>removed MS Security essentials

Hybrid View

ems Guest

Smile [Solved] 30-days-trials for v10-250 ==>removed MS Security essentials

After several attempts I finally came up with the CheckPoint page directions to remove remnants of previous Firewalls (those which come preinstalled in new machines). Using the “erasers” linked in the CheckPoint page I have been able to clean my machine, unload the ZA Firewall+Antivirus 30-days-trial and installed it successfully.

I have done it, right today, just four hours ago. Now it seems that all the old problems I have been having since V8, seem to have disappeared. The veteran V7 Security Suit is still running in an even more veteran computer.

Now, However I already have the Firewall V10 30-days-trial), and I see that it finally works for me, I wanted to check the “30-days-trial Extreme Version” too. In other words I wanted to uninstall right now this Firewall +Antivirus 30-days-trial I got today and install the corresponding Extreme -30-days-trial, but wonder whether I am going to be allowed to do that.

Besides, if I experience any problem with the Extreme I wanted to know whether I would be able to go back to the Firewall+Antivirus to finish the trial.

Too long and too messy post, I know; but, please be patient, I am sorry

I hope I have made my point.

Kind regards,

ems

Default Re: 30-days-trials for v10-250

Yes, you can trial any version of ZA but you will need to remove your ZA to install any other ZA. I believe you can go back to the previouos trial. In case of issues, just run the ZA removal tool(clean.exe) before reinstalling ZA, to be sure to remove any major left over.

Probably to have a final word you could contact the ZA customer support at the link in my signature (look for the live chat link at ZA support page).

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ems Guest

Hi Fax,

Many thanks for your fast response.

I am moving to Extreme but I forgot to say that in the first installation I got a message saying something related to a left over from "Something Client Front", ¿Perhaps anything to do with Security Essentials which was still working or maybe something else?

The computer I am trying to protect with ZA was shiping with McAfee which I erased form the very begining.

Should I get the similar message after installing "Extrem" I let you know.

Regards again

ems

Yes, you need to fully remove security essential before installing ZA. Also check here below on how to remove left overs from other security tools (e.g. Mcafee).

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...all/step-1.htm

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ems Guest

Fax

Yes, you are right. Before installing Extreme I have removed MS Security essentials, and, after the installation (of Extreme), the warning did not show up any more.

As per the the link, I used just to get rid of the McAfee left overs; and kept it among my favorites.

Well, the Extreme is already working and I hope everything go nice. Otherwise I will be back for help.

Many thanks again.

ems

Thread Information