Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-Virus-Spyware update: Error

Downeast549 Guest

Default Re: Anti-Virus-Spyware update: Error

Here is another twist - Yes, I too have the same combination of Laptop & Desktop - mine though is XP Pro w/SP3 on both and this morning the laptop loaded the update on the slow dial-up - now when I was on the WIFI and all the good update completions yesterday using the Laptop - the Registration information came up missing, coincidence??
    Before I retired, I was a Technical Support Engineer for the Bell Telephone Companies.

Smile Re: Anti-Virus-Spyware update: Error

Quote Originally Posted by Downeast549 View Post
    Here is another twist - Yes, I too have the same combination of Laptop & Desktop - mine though is XP Pro w/SP3 on both and this morning the laptop loaded the update on the slow dial-up - now when I was on the WIFI and all the good update completions yesterday using the Laptop - the Registration information came up missing, coincidence??
    Before I retired, I was a Technical Support Engineer for the Bell Telephone Companies.
    Hi;

Thank you for your feedback to the users of this User Forum..

Please followup with the Official Tech Support Link..
    as Guru Fax has advised:

Ah, you are on dial-up and a very slow dialup... you should report it to ZA technical support so that they can look into it. Explain that on fast lines works fine and that the issue is on a dialup.

The link to ZA support site is in my signature. Look for the live chat icon On the Upper Right side of Support page.

Provide any Error messages in the ZA logs?
    and what the steps you took to reproduce the problem.

The More information you provide Tech Support the more likely Tech Support will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

Thanks
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Well, try to re-introduce your license details first. The antivirus updates are composed by many small files with a total of few kb up to several hundreds of KBs. Updating ZA (and most others security tools) on such a slow net will be always a "royal pain" due to the time out of the connection. I would recommend you retry at least three times on failed updates some cache will be kept and the multiple retry will eventually download all the files.

ZA and most other security tools are very internet intensive (registration, OSfirewall, antivirus, web security, etc) so I would suggest you look for a faster line if you want trouble free operations including the very important task of keeping your OS and the other software installed fully updated that with such a slow line is near to impossible.

Finally be sure to inform the ZA official support, they do not read this board. We are all user here.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Downeast549 Guest

My Laptop - dialup speed (28.8 line) just went through an "Auto update" - time came up, started on its own - took 23 minutes to complete and show "update completed" "product update complete". I totally plan on getting with Tech Support - right now I am in the process of finding a neighbor who has a satellite -hi-speed connection, so I can take my desktop and do the same thing that I did with my Laptop. I will let everyone know the outcome, if this works there has to be an easier fix. My guess at this moment is that the first or second update that the software does on its own has some encoding in it that ID's the computer - possible "Active X" like Microsoft uses.

Thanks,
    Downeast549

boye Guest

Question Anti Virus/Anti Spyware Update Error

On my old Win XP SP3 I can no longer update the anti virus definitions, I get a message as in the title. They run fine on my newer Win 7 computer.
    I have tried to reinstall without succes. The reinstall only allow me to Upgrade. Is there a way in which I can remove ZA and install again?

Best Regards

Henrik, Denmark

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.0.250.000
    vsmon version: 10.0.250.000
    Driver version: 10.0.250.000
    Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1058834656
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.322.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.322.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155

Default Re: Anti Virus/Anti Spyware Update Error

Hi!
    best to troubleshoot the issue directly with official support. They will guide you through the process of remove ZA before installing. If it is a ZA issue it will be fixed. The link to support is in my signature. Look for the live chat link.

Let us know if you will be able to fix the problem and how. It will help other users with the same problem.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Downeast549 Guest

Finally found someone to let me try their Hi-Speed (100mbs) - my original computer still fails. My laptop still work fine, although - first try this morning it failed, did a retry and everything is back working. Now, Saturday night I built a Bare Bones tower just try - connected by dial-up at 28.8 and loaded the same download file of ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 10.0.250.000. Went for the 1st download and after 8 hours 40 minutes it was done (91.8 mb). It is still update every hour or at least checking every hour. I am contacting Tech Support today and I will let you know where they tell me to go next and I hope it doesn't start with an H. Downeast549

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information