Thread: How to remove "You are Protected!" message

Default How to remove "You are Protected!" message

There is a useful popup window for ZoneAlarm - "You are Protected! Thanks for choosing ZoneAlarm. Your software is pre-configured for your protection." Buttons for FAQ, Chat and Close. Nice initial window.

However, I'm not sure why the window keeps appearing on different days. Is there a setting where we can turn the appearance of the window off?

We are running ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    10.1.065.000 on my PC. I think there is a later version out although clicking on Update and installing update does not change the version. I have a 5 user license - another PC has 10.1.079.000 - wonder if updating to that might help?

Anyone else have the recurring message box issue.?

Also, with files over 100 MB, it is a burden to install each one separately, is there a way to download full files once and use on each PC?

Thanks.

Default Re: How to remove "You are Protected!" message

Hi!

how often you get these pop-up? Everytime you boot? Or only few times? I think I saw the message twice or three times during the last few months of use. You may want to check with official support if this is by design.

The automatic update is not turned ON for the latest version. This is only happening after some weeks or months once development is sure that the build does not create problems to users. You can always download the install the latest build from the link below:

Looking for the latest version?

Currently the link is to the full size download files. You may want to download it and store it for future use. However, in the future there will be less and less availability of full installer in favour of intelligent web installer due to the large size of the file that includes multiple languages, the intelligent web installer will automatically download the files you need after having analysed your system. This is resulting in far less data been download and a faster install. Also its better to install ZA with an active internet connection to allow to ZA to automatically configure itself to the local configuration.

If you plan to install the latest version 10.1.079.000 it is always better to remove the previous version before installing the latest. This will ensure a smooth upgrade and a clean board for ZA to operate.
    Last edited by fax; December 29th, 2011 at 07:45 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thank you for the reply.

I get the message most days, but not at boot up. Just a guess, but I bet I'm getting the message after the virus update. I'll keep a log and see if it happens at the same time each day. Approximately 5:30 PM today, but didn't note the exact time.

After virus update? Weird, not normal. I would fully remove ZA, run the clean tool and reinstall the latest version. If you still have problems then time to report it in detail to official support.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

I haven't done any installs and reinstalls, but that it something to consider, since I don't think we're getting the messages on my other 3 PCs.

Watched over the last 2 weeks and get the message twice a day, every day. Virus update is set for twice a day.

Guru fax had already suggested to fully remove ZASS.

Follow these instructions below to clean your computer of the old version and any conflicting 3rd party Security programs, then install a clean new copy of the current supported version of ZA 10.1.079.000 at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...exe#post292718

Have a nice Day

htedf Guest

I have exactly the same problem.

I was told in chat to uninstall, clean, and reinstall. I have done that.

The problem remains. More than once a day, that message pops up and stays. Recently, after a vacation, I came home to find 18 of them sitting on my desktop.

Is there any way to fix this?

Ted

Hello,

If you installed ZA using anything less than an administrator account, or are logged in using the PC with ZA with anything less than an administrator account this has been known to cause this issue.

So don't use limited or anything else but admin accounts when installing and using ZA on your particular PC.

Forum moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information