Thread: [Solved] ZA Updater Error => => Install latest ZA internal build

elder Guest

Default [Solved] ZA Updater Error => => Install latest ZA internal build

I am unable to update ZA for about a week, receiving an error message each time I try. Support has sent directions for uninstalling and reinstalling ZA, but his fails to work. For now I'm using two other programs to block malware, both of which update OK. Does anyone know how to fix ZA update?

Default Re: ZA Updater Error

Quote Originally Posted by elder View Post
    I am unable to update ZA for about a week, receiving an error message each time I try. Support has sent directions for uninstalling and reinstalling ZA, but his fails to work. For now I'm using two other programs to block malware, both of which update OK. Does anyone know how to fix ZA update?
    Hi;

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

It is normally Helpful when posting here to give full details of your computer setup.

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, other security tools installed.

For type and Version of ZA: click ZA Tray Icon, Click About, click "copy to Clipboard" then paste that information here with "Ctrl-V"
    also provide Windows Version used, Browser Type and version, other security tools installed.

is this a First time install?
    Stopped working recently?
    any other issues?
    any Error messages in the ZA logs?
    and what are the steps you took to reproduce the problem.

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

also is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Sorry, all users here and updates errors can depend on many different factors including a ZA issue. Please follow-up with support and tell them that re-installing ZA did not resolve the issue. Its important they are aware that what they suggest did not work. They may give you other steps to try.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

elder Guest

Fax, Thanks for the reply. Follow-up with Support provided only a repeat of boiler-plate instructions for uninstall and reinstall using links they provided. The only new thing I have tried so far is to download the newest version (250). The links I had received all were for older versions. I did notice that my settings are being retained after uninstalls. This must mean that uninstalls are not total. Is there a way to totally uninstall even if it means I have to rebuild my program and e-mail blacklist files?

You should come back to them and state clearly that you have done what suggested and it did not work. Ask for other suggestions.

The instruction for a clean install are below, however I would recommend to follow-up with support before. Other users with your problem have resolve it but installing a non public build.

1. Download the latest ZA version
    2. Remove you current version (in XP add/remove programs)
    3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.
    4. Clean your system and registry with ccleaner.com
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim
    5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, reboot.
    6. Install the latest version without touching any default settings and try again.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 20th, 2011 at 05:06 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

ajbicza Guest

Smile Re: ZA Updater Error

Elder,

I had the update problem and following a conversation with ZA Chat they suggested I downloaded a version not yet available - 10.1.035 - this did the trick for me and updates are now working fine (10.1.034 which I also tried did not work).

Thanks,

Windows XP
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.1.035.000
    vsmon version: 10.1.035.000
    Driver version: 10.1.035.000
    Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1060997632
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.324.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.324.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155