Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Problem with anti-virus updates --> Install latest ZA internal build

hlogoma Guest

Default [SOLVED] Problem with anti-virus updates --> Install latest ZA internal build

I have the same problem. My Zonealarm notice was that my computer was at risk and then another pop-up read that the update was not up to date and when I chose the Fix Now button the update essentially had an error flag and could not proceed.

I have Zone Alarm Security Suite v 10.0.25.00.

Is this happening on a wide scale?

Any suggestion on how to repair this problem?

Thanks,

Tom.

Default Re: Problem with anti-virus updates

Please follow what already indicated here:
    Problem with anti-virus updates

Post back if you find a solution, it may help other users with the same problem.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hlogoma Guest

Unhappy Re: Problem with anti-virus updates

I am busy downloading the latest Zone Alarm but the download has been stuck at configuring 28% for the last half an hour....is this usual I am on a Wireless network secured etc.

Thanks,

Tom.

Probably an issue with your ISP, tried now with one installation file and I had a speed of around 6MB per second.

hlogoma Guest

Can I reboot .... maybe that will improve things?

Thanks,

Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by hlogoma View Post
    Reboot does not help ... lol

Well, I will let it configure ZoneAlarm Security while I get on with some work.

This is strange .... I thought I was buying security but it is looking like I am bought trouble ... because right now I think that I have no security whilst zonelarm is configuring?

Til later,

Tom.
    I have no malware or any other such problems. I just hope that whilst this configuration is taking place that I am protected.

Thanks,

Tom.
    Last edited by fax; September 19th, 2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: merging with an existing post

Just edit your multiple posts and merged with an existing post to keep the thread as clean as possible for other users to review more easily.

Please keep us updated on the progress.

Please also note that with a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the official ZA technical support (we are all users here) at the link in my signature (look for the live chat link).

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 19th, 2011 at 08:06 AM.

ajbicza Guest

No you are not the only one with the update problem. I reported it to ZA help last week - they advised me to uninstall and install a newer version (not yet available to public) and send them the debug logs. It is a known problem on some PCs (works OK for me on Windows 7 laptop, but not XP desktop) and is a problem at their end. Please report this to them as well as the more users that report it the better.

hlogoma Guest

Thanks ajbicza,

Here is the ZA technical support suggested action for this issue:

5.) Reinstall ZoneAlarm again from the link below:

~Snip~ Link to the Test version is not a Public link
    ~snip~

Whew ... this was an all day saga .... I hope it does not happen again ... thank goodness I just use the internet for email, research and blogging.

Tom.
    Publicly Posting Links and confidential Passwords that you get from Tech Support in any Public Forum is a VIOLATION of the Checkpoint Terms of Use Policy of this Forum..

Terms Of Use

THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW (THE "Terms") GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB (THE "Site") AND ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU ("you" or "User") AND ZoneAlarm, a Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. Company, ("ZoneAlarm"). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING THE SITE.
    BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON AND COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS

To further these common goals when posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site, you agree not to:

post Link to content not allowed on the Site.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 19th, 2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Link removed to the Test version is not a Public link and Voltates Terms of Use Policy

Publicly Posting Links and confidential Passwords that you get from Tech Support in any Public Forum is a VIOLATION of the Checkpoint Terms of Use Policy of this Forum..

Terms Of Use <== click here

THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW (THE "Terms") GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB (THE "Site") AND ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU ("you" or "User") AND ZoneAlarm, a Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. Company, ("ZoneAlarm"). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING THE SITE.

BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON AND COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS

To further these common goals when posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site, you agree not to:

post Link to content not allowed on the Site.

Hi hlogoma;

Thank you for your Feedback,

However, Some of your Conversation with Tech support was Confidencial information that you were to use for your own problem and not share with the Public, such as posting Passwords and Confidencial Test File links are a Violation of the Posted Forum Terms of Use Policy that you agreed to abide by..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 21st, 2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

hlogoma Guest

Hi George,
    Thanks .... I overlooked that, my apologies.

Well, the best solution for this problem that I found was to connect to the chat line and speak with technical support. They do some analysis based on your problem and then give you the tools to remedy the problem.

The link to the technical support can be found at the bottom of the signature of the staff that manage this forum.

The two that I have spoken with are Guru Fax and Guru GeorgeV.

It seems that the solution that technical suggested is working, the only question I have is how to change my preference such that I have a full scan rather than a quick scan.

I hope this is helpful to those who have this same problem. Remember that the technical staff do have solutions and to get to them follow the link that the forum staff have and look for the online chat.

Tom.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 19th, 2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information