I use Vista with Zone Alarm Security Suite.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 10.0.250.000
vsmon version: 10.0.250.000
Driver version: 10.0.217.000
Anti-virus engine version: 8.1.8.79
Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1060587264
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.322.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155

Since upgrading from ZASS v9 to v10 have noticed a problem when installing 3rd party software (not ZASS). When install program is run a ZASS alert appears. No problem I click Allow.

However install program gets stuck part way through. The only way to resolve is to go into Program Settings and manually alter Trust Permission to Super for the install program. It is as if ZASS does not remember the Allow and does not generate another Alert. I have seen this behaviour with more than one 3rd party software install and more than one computer.

This cannot be right. If you did not know how to set Permissions manually you could never install some software. This is clearly for software that ZASS does not recognise to set permissions automatically.

I have seen the same issues with the same required solution when trying to uninstall software.

This was never a problem for v 9. For v 10 it is not a problem for all software. As I said I think that it happens for software that ZASS does not recognise.

If ZASS does not recognise the installing software it generates an Alert. This must be normal if software is not on ZASS "white list".

Are others seeing this problem??

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.