Thread: [WORKAROUND] Cisco VPN / ZASS 10.0.250. conflict --> Install another VPN or ZA 9

rvboutin Guest

Thumbs up [WORKAROUND] Cisco VPN / ZASS 10.0.250. conflict --> Install another VPN or ZA 9

Hi,
    Searching the forum, I have found several post related to this but not exactly describing the issue I am having precisely.
    If you are trying to run Cisco VPN client 5.0.xx together with ZAISS 10.0.x, and if the server request you to have the Cisco stateful firewall of the VPN client enabled then forget it...
    Cisco firewall need the vsdatant.sys (located in C:\windows\system32\ directory) to run, Cisco VPN client uses the version 7.0.462.0 of this file, which is replaced by version 10.0.xxx.x when installing ZAISS version 10 (10.0.250.0 if you use the latest version).
    As this file is used (and therefore locked by ZAISS), installing Cisco VPN client after ZAISS will not solve the problem.
    The only way I got the VPN client to work was to completely uninstall ZAISS.
    I have contacted support, they are working on the issue for the next release apparently... but no date obviously... they advised me to go back to version 9 of ZAISS as it was working then... not great choice, but if it's the only one then I'll have to.
    Hope this is somehow useful to other users.
    Cheers,
    Rv
    Last edited by fax; September 26th, 2011 at 01:42 AM.

Default Re: [WORKAROUND] Cisco VPN / ZASS 10.0.250. conflict --> Install another VPN or ZA 9

A follow up post by the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by rvboutin
    Hi, I just found another workaround on the IT service of my University, could you add this to the post?
    Basically, they recommend Shrew VPN if we are using Linux, but Shrew VPN client also exists for Windows, I gave it a try and it worked! So this might be useful for other users, rather than reverting to ZAISS version 9, it's better to and easier to just uninstall Cisco VPN; install Shrew VPN client and get running within minutes!
    Cheers,
    Rv

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information