Thread: Instant Messenger problems with ZA security suite

zebra148 Guest

Default Instant Messenger problems with ZA security suite

I am trying the 30 day trail of security suite 10.0.250 , after having a terrible experience with extreme security.
    Most things work, but having issues with msn messenger, have not gotten to yahoo yet. I can get on msn messenger no problems, but unless I say something first. the person I am trying to chat with can not see me online.
    if I turn off ZA in task bar then no problem. I have allowed as trusted and all the settings I can find to allow under advanced, removed all checks in the security tab under there. Co I need to make an expert rule to allow other to see me? I had this trouble with ZA 2010, but forgot what I had to do.
    Am using XP pro sp3

Default Re: Instant Messenger problems with ZA security suite

Hi!
    You seem to experience many problems with ZA. Please note that even on trial you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature. Or you should think to move to something that works well on your system.

There is no option like in ZA 2010 to allow messenger, the specific IM filtering by ZA is not there anymore. So, ZA should not be blocked at all. Also what you describe can happen with or without ZA. It can be related to your router or ISP or PC.

Are you connecting with a router? Have you trusted it? If not, you need to set your network as TRUSTED in the ZA firewall zones. Typically you will see the same address (across PC reboots) in the ZA firewall zones -NETWORK- starting with 192.168.... or 172.16... or 10.0.0...etc). Is your DHCP also set as trusted?

Are you connecting to the internet with some special software and the connection is not managed by your OS (e.g. 3G modem, third party software, internet accelerators, etc)? This may also explain the issue.

It may be worth reinstalling ZA and keep its default settings if you have changed them, you may have set something wrong.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 18th, 2011 at 09:28 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zebra148 Guest

yeah not very programmable good, if install and a problem am lost :-)

I have a router and done that already (remember now what had to do with 2010) (but then made no difference whether turned ZA off or not)but will check and make sure has not changed.

I can re-install za security did a clean install....but you could be right about my settings. Like I says msn works fine with ZA off, but why have it if have to keep doing that...so will try your ideas and get back to you.

thanks

PS....no special software to connect with
    Last edited by zebra148; October 18th, 2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: sub notes added

zebra148 Guest

Ok router is still all set, but see no DHCP settings listed to put into trusted area. Is there a way to find them or is it still best to do a complete re-install.

I remember in 2010 able to click on task bas and do a reset....is that still an option....??? cause trying to remember where saved instructions

thanks again Fax

Hi!

normally DHCP is added at install automatically. I would fully remove ZA and reinstall something wrong there. Please ensure you install ZA with an active internet connection.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information