Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDF blocked by ZA Extreme Security

hanging Guest

Smile PDF blocked by ZA Extreme Security

editing and removing sensitive information
    Last edited by hanging; October 14th, 2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: sensitive information being deleted

Default Re: PDF blocked by ZA Extreme Security

Hi!

you have posted your license key to a public forum with hundreds of readers. Your license key may be compromised. I would suggest you contact support and report about it. For the other problem you need to contact support about it. You use an internal build and you will need to go back to whom have provided you this in order to get support.

Most probably the issue is related to the ZA web security and a corrupted plugin. Just review the forum section on forcefield to reset your browser or reinstalling the plug ins with the ZA virtualization turned OFF. Also update adobe to the latest version.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 14th, 2011 at 03:14 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hanging Guest

Unhappy Re: PDF blocked by ZA Extreme Security

Thank you for calling this to my attention, Fax. I have deleted the information however I am still waiting for assistance from on-line chat help. I don't think I can take much more of the updates that are unstable, and pose unresolvable problems.

thank you for your most valued assistance.

Smile Re: PDF blocked by ZA Extreme Security

Quote Originally Posted by hanging View Post
    Thank you for calling this to my attention, Fax. I have deleted the information however I am still waiting for assistance from on-line chat help. I don't think I can take much more of the updates that are unstable, and pose unresolvable problems.

thank you for your most valued assistance.

This Sticky post by the Forum Moderator may be helpful..

Sticky: "Can't get to Zone Alarm Tech Support Chat"
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

hanging Guest

Thank you GeorgeV for the reference you provided. I did reach the "Tech Chat" however it appears that they are being inundated with requests for assistance which accounts for the lengthy waiting time. The advice I received did not resolve the problem concerning the blocked PDF. My Adobe's are all the latest version and when the ZAES is turned off I can bring up the PDF's. Everything on the computer is the latest version, as I use Secunia PSI, and also receive its newsletters. I also use FF as my browser and it too is up-to-date with the latest version.

Do not know how I will proceed from this point on, however as always I do appreciate the responses from you and Fax. Thank you once again for the response.

Official release of ZA Extreme does not support any version of FF above version 5. This is probobably you are experience problems in FF.
    You will need to wait to wait for the next ZA release that will support FF7.

Meanwhile you should use IE for viewing your PDFs. It should work fine.

Also remember to review the README here:
    README FIRST: ForceField Toolbar - Common Resolutions to Problems
    (it refers to the standalone forcefield version but aplpies equally to current ZA Extreme web security)

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

hanging Guest

Hello, fax:

Thank you very much for the information relevant to the FF browser (yes, I have the 7.0.1 version). I have had problems with this for quite some time and was aware of conflicts with the ZA, even prior to updating FF this last time.

The link to "Read This" is most helpful, and I shall study its contents intensely since I would like to make this program perform as it should to ensure optimal protection. One problem I consistently encounter is that when I "reset" functions on the ZAES, they do not "hold" and I have had this problem for quite some time, even with versions older than what I am now using. So I must continually check these options to ensure that they are set as I want them, and that they will not revert to settings I do not want.

I appreciate you and GeorgeV taking the time to respond to my questions.

Warmest regards to you both!
    Hanging

Hello, fax:

Thank you very much for the information relevant to the FF browser (yes, I have the 7.0.1 version). I have had problems with this for quite some time and was aware of conflicts with the ZA, even prior to updating FF this last time.

I appreciate you and GeorgeV taking the time to respond to my questions.

Warmest regards to you both!
    Hanging
    Here is the latest information of FF 7 compatibility

Sticky: Firefox 7 support
    GeorgeV

hanging Guest

Question Re: PDF blocked by ZA Extreme Security

Question relevant to the "ZA tool bar" - -- I, like some people posting in the in the following link, did not opt to install the ZAES tool bar and now I am wondering where to locate the option to activate that. Is there a method to do this or is this another possibly unstable move to attempt?

Here is the link I located through "Goggle":

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=77827

I am only citing the above, because these are several recent posts which apply to "browser capabilities". If I should start a new thread, please so notify me.

This link addresses one of my current issues, which I have not asked about previously as it is not "critical". Thank you all!

Question relevant to the "ZA tool bar" - -- I, like some people posting in the in the following link, did not opt to install the ZAES tool bar and now I am wondering where to locate the option to activate that. Is there a method to do this or is this another possibly unstable move to attempt?
    Generally, the current advice, to install the Tool-bar, is to Re-install Zone Alarm and make make sure the Tool-bar options are checked.. However, the Current Tool-bar is not Compatible with FireFox 6 or FF 7.

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=77827

I am only citing the above, because these are several recent posts which apply to "browser capabilities". If I should start a new thread, please so notify me.

This link addresses one of my current issues, which I have not asked about previously as it is not "critical". Thank you all!
    If you have a New problem or want to ask a new question..

If you have a question or a problem Please start your own thread..

Sticky: How to Create Your own New Thread?

As a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem,
    the Guideline Rules,ask each User to Please start their own thread.

This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem, When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

It is normally helpful when posting here to give full details of your Computer setup.

Give Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, Browser Type & version, other security tools installed.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 15th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.
    GeorgeV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information