Thread: 10.0.250.000 Zone Alarm upgrade issue

Hybrid View

babboo59 Guest

Unhappy 10.0.250.000 Zone Alarm upgrade issue

I just took the latest upgrade to Zone Alarm Pro this morning. After a certain period of inactivity, the firewall is terminating my internet connection, just as if the automatic internet lock feature from the older versions, was in place. I was told by the Check Point live chat operator that this feature is no longer adjustable by the user, but is it still there? Is that why my internet connection is dropping? The only way I know of to reconnect is to reboot, which is a pain in the neck for all the obvious reasons. Does anyone know why this is happening with the new version? I have a Gateway PC running Windows XP.

By the way, the live chat leaves a bit to be desired. The operator signed off (apparently), but never let me know. Unless the operators are chatting with multiple people simultaneously . . .

Thanks for any help that someone can provide.

Default Re: 10.0.250.000 Zone Alarm upgrade issue

Hi;

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

The More detailed information you provide the Chat associate the more likely Tech Support will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer and Windows version and SP update and steps needed to Reproduce your problem:

also is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.

Note: if the advice given by Chat Support did not resolve your issue, Please Return to Chat Tech Support and tell them your problem was not resolved, so that they can collect more details about your problem and possible ask for your ZA diagnostic Logs for further evaluation..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 15th, 2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information