Thread: Junk unjunk still present when spam filter disabled

robroy019 Guest

Default Junk unjunk still present when spam filter disabled

I recently upgraded ZoneAlarm Extreme Security to version 10.0.250.000.

I did not previously have the anti-spam enabled and it still shows "off" in the monitor.

I don't require any PC level anti-spam as my service provider runs a great ant-spam service which holds suspicious e-mail for online checking.

I also use Mailwasher to check all my inboxes and delete any **** that sneeks past the above system there.

I now get inconsistent "SonicWall" JUNK/UNKUNK toolbars whenever I open most e-mail messages in Outlook 2003. It also introduced new ZoneAlarm related folders and automatically sent some of my inbound e-mail there.

I cannot use Outlook's customization to permanently delete these toolbars as they reappear with any new message.

A further pain is that if I choose UNJUNK for a message, then it closes reading of the message and I have to reopen it.

Further, if I open a message with a follow-up flag which currently doesn't show these toolbars, then they reappear if I change any of the follow-up details.

How do I get my system configured back to the way it was before this upgrade.

Default Re: Junk unjunk still present when spam filter disabled

Hi and welcome!

Its best you troubleshoot the issue directly with ZA technical support at the link in my signature. We are all users here.

Let us know how you resolved the issue it may help other users browsing this forum.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zarossmac Guest

The question exactly mirrors my own situation: up to 50 emails/day, 40 of them spam or junk, all deleted with Mailwasher Pro (MY decision not yours), so ZA's lumpen-filter is a pain in the neck. How do I disable it and get rid of those folders? Clicking the link at the foot of the reply simply leads to a "can't connect to something/or/other/liveperson/etc" message.

You can disable ZA antispam in the ZA interface. Then you can freely remove the ZA antispam related folders in outlook. Support: check your hosts file probably some filtering you use is wrongly blocking liveperson servers.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tradehound Guest

Hi robroy019:
    I was having the same problem: I didn't want the ZoneAlarm Junk/Unjunk toolbar and folders in my Outlook.

I got it to disable by going into the ZA interface and ENABLING it, open Outlook, close Outlook, then DISABLE it in the ZA interface.

Now it is actually disabled and I manually deleted the ZoneAlarm folders in Outlook and they didn't re-appear. So basically just turn it on and off again.

I hope this helps.

Thread Information