Thread: Internet Security and Scheduler Problems (ZAISS (V: 10.0.250.000)

Unhappy Internet Security and Scheduler Problems (ZAISS (V: 10.0.250.000)

Hi Guys
    I upgraded my XP (SP3) laptop to ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 10.0.250.000, Vsmon version: 10.0.250.000 a few weeks ago. Since then:

1. my Internet Protection turns itself off intermittently, and
    2. my scan schedule will not always follow the schedule and runs on some days but not others (I have it set for daily "quick" scan, Bi-weekly "normal" scan and 6 monthly "deep" scan).

Can anyone tell me what I can do to solve these two problems? I cannot trust an AV guard that doesn't scan and turns off protection without warning.
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B]

Default Re: Internet Security and Scheduler Problems (ZAISS (V: 10.0.250.000)

I would first try to install the latest version (10.1.056.000). Considering you have problems with build 250, I would first fully remove it and only after install the new one.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thaks Fax
    I've uninstalled and re-installed and at first all was OK. But now the schedule is going off all over the place and Internet Security is switching itself off again at will!

That is on my XP (SP3) Laptop. On my separate Win7 64 bit PC (which has just been rebuilt, upgraded to its max and operating at 110%), it now starts running a Full security scan everytime I log-on (even though my schedule is set for a quick scan every 3 days, a normal scan every 2 weeks and a full scan every 6 months)! So far Internet Security remains on.

I know it's not your fault but it seems everytime ZA launch a full new version I face a whole barrow-load of problems until well into the version numbers. (I know that's a paranoid outlook but I'm losing the will...)

One important thing I notice is I do not have a ZA folder in my program list and therefore, no uninstall utility and have to uninstall from the Control Panel's Add & remove programs. Any ideas? ... Uninstall again???
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B]

Must be something related to your laptop. Did you actually install the latest version (i.e. 10.1.XXX.000). Its not clear from your message.

ZA 10 is completely different from previous versions including installing folders. You do not have to uninstall by looking into folders. What you did is the correct procedure may be accompained (but only AFTER) by also running the separate ZA removal tool. What you describe (ZA switching OFF) is not going to be solved by a clean uninstall, it is normally related to the OS (too dirty startup / broken registry) or conflicting software. For the latter you will need to use MSCONFIG and run ZA in isolation from the rest to found it out.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; November 6th, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks Fax
    Yes, it was the latest version. The thing that worries me is I have an identical schedule problem on my separate Win7 PC (it runs a full scan on every start-up but always shows the last scan as October!) That PC is brand new and configured and tested to optimum.

I'll try running ZA in isolation; do I do that by diagnostic start-up?
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B]

Yes, first problem you need to report it directly to ZA technical support and troubleshoot with them. The latter one you can test the laptop by running only ZA and OS startard services/programs, this way:

1.) Click Start -> Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient and forcefield
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor and ForceField (if present), and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computer

See now if you can reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thread Information